The Stingray

The Top 25 Sci-Fi Movies of the 21st Century | Deadline Nov 17 (REVISED, 2 days earlier!)

Man I still need to see some of those, really wanna see, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Children of Men, District 9, Moon, Looper The Butterfly Effect, The World's End Chronicle and Equilibrum.. gee I'm really behind on my watching aren't I?

I'd say see Eternal Sunshine and Children of Men immediately.

They are top 50 of all time good

• Like 3

1 Snowpiercer
2 Rise Of the Planet of the Apes
3 Hunger Games Catching Fire
4 I am Legend
5 The Host
6 Wall E
7 Men in Black 3
8 Gravity
9 Hunger Games  
10 Evolution
11 Treasure Planet
12 I Robot
13 Star Trek  
14 Space Cowboys
15 Terminator 3
16 Serenity
17 Star Trek Into Darkness
18 Minority Report
19 Predators
20 Aliens Vs Predator
21 Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
22 Cloverfield
23 Atlantis: The last Empire
24 Paul
25 Prometheus
R1 Pitch Black
R2 Vanilla Sky
  • Like 2

Am I the only person who has love for the total silliness that was Evolution?

Evolution? Ivan Reitman's film? Oh well that was funny. As you said, the movie itself was total silliness on purpose and something worked, something didn't. But overall I thought it was harmless fun.

• Like 1

1 Snowpiercer 2 Rise Of the Planet of the Apes 3 Hunger Games Catching Fire 4 I am Legend 5 The Host 6 Wall E 7 Men in Black 3 8 Gravity 9 Hunger Games   10 Evolution 11 Treasure Planet 12 I Robot 13 Star Trek   14 Space Cowboys 15 Terminator 3 16 Serenity 17 Star Trek Into Darkness 18 Minority Report 19 Predators 20 Aliens Vs Predator 21 Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy 22 Cloverfield 23 Atlantis: The last Empire 24 Paul 25 Prometheus R1 Pitch Black R2 Vanilla Sky

Haven't seen evolution but glad to see someone other than me had Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy on their list. I loved that film even though it didn't reach the genius of the book. 

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 3

The Road is a very well made movie, with great acting and emotional tone. You don't need big action scenes to make things interesting. It is supposed to be a drama and it succeeds nicely.

I didn't like how overly depressing it was just for the sake of being overly depressing. It's a well made movie with a pretty weak plot imo. Had nothing to do with the lack of action lol, more to do with lack of interesting plot.

Evolution? Ivan Reitman's film? Oh well that was funny. As you said, the movie itself was total silliness on purpose and something worked, something didn't. But overall I thought it was harmless fun.

That's the one. The film that gave the world the immortal line:

"There's always time for Lubricant!"

Haven't seen evolution but glad to see someone other than me had Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy on their list. I loved that film even though it didn't reach the genius of the book. 

Yeah, matching the book was never going to happen but I actually thought it did a really good job with some perfect casting in places such as Rickman as Marvin and Stephen Fry as the Guide.

Was a shame we never got a trilogy (in 5 parts of course).

• Like 3

I didn't like how overly depressing it was just for the sake of being overly depressing. It's a well made movie with a pretty weak plot imo. Had nothing to do with the lack of action lol, more to do with lack of interesting plot.

a serious movie set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland is necessarily depressing. What a joke. Edited by Goffe R Swanson

Well, it IS the saddest movie I've ever seen. But I loved it exactly for that. My then gf cried about 15 minutes after it was over  :lol:

• Like 2

a serious movie set in a post-apocalyptic wasteland is necessarily depressing. What a joke.

Yeah but I wasn't invested in the plot, I usually love dark depressing films, they just have to be good. I couldn't get into it and to me, I needed more than a depressing tone to appreciate the movie. Viggo needs more roles though, he is a great actor.

Also, pretentious is the worst word to describe a movie.

I was describing the comment, not the movie.

Independence Day

Minority report

Aliens

District 9

Terminator 2

The Matrix

Predator

Serenity

Jurassic Park

War of the worlds

I cant think of many sci-fi films off the top of my head, im sure there are loads out there I love

Children of Men

Cube

Cloverfield