Fullbuster

Frozen : What is your favorite version of Let It Go (languages)

What is your favorite version of Let It Go?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite version of Let It Go?

• Original version (American English)
    • French
    • Japanese
    • Brazilian Portuguese
    • Spanish
    • Chinese
    • Korean
    • Russian
    • Italian
    • Arab
    • German
    • Dutch
    • Swedish
    • Another version

Idina's version is my favorite, though Catonese, Tawainese Mandrian, French, and Norwegian are all pretty high up there... okay, I like them all, but those are my higher-up favorites.

... I need to listen to The Complete Set again.Lp

Edited by FrozenUnicorn

Oh I know Con Te Partiero ( I think I spelled it correctly) is a beautiful song. I Also love a song called Baba Yetu that's Swahili.

If you tell about the Bocelli's song the exact title is Con te partirò (English version is Time to say goodbye). Concerning the Italian version of Let it go it is played by a very good singer but the translation change a lot the sense of the original lyrics. The title is All'alba sorgero' (I will rise in the dawn)

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNx6r2m4pjk

Make a choice :D

I chose the original version (American English) :)

I think that in the original movie version there is a very exciting moment that I can't find in other versions I have heard: near the end of the song there's a progression that starts with the words "My power flurries through the air into the ground" and culminates with "the past is in the past", so that the subsequent double "Let it go" sounds like an explosion of joy and freedom, that is exactly what Elsa feel. Musically is something similar to that experienced when I listen (if here there's a musician he kills me) the progression of the "Allegretto" of the Beethoven's 7th Symphony.
  • Like 1

I think that in the original movie version there is a very exciting moment that I can't find in other versions I have heard: near the end of the song there's a progression that starts with the words "My power flurries through the air into the ground" and culminates with "the past is in the past", so that the subsequent double "Let it go" sounds like an explosion of joy and freedom, that is exactly what Elsa feel. Musically is something similar to that experienced when I listen (if here there's a musician he kills me) the progression of the "Allegretto" of the Beethoven's 7th Symphony.

A music expert ^^ I'm pretty bad at it but I can see your point :)