CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

Looking at your hopes in the different categories, I think it would be best for your health if you just skipped the entire ceremony telecast this year.

I mean, the entire awards season is a wash anyway. The Academy approved today they're full of shart

It's odd for me to think that I've seen 1 of the Best Picture nominations from this year, but by the time it's 2015 Oscars I will likely have seen all 9 of them (or however many they have). I'm stepping up my game in movie-watching this year.

Adams just won a globe and has the best career out of anyone not called Jessica Chastain right now. I'm sure she'll be just fine.

I just wish I could swap Streep for Russo. She's not as horrible as she was in Sausage County but Jesus Christ academy.

• Like 2

I mean, the entire awards season is a wash anyway. The Academy approved today they're full of shart

Blanks, it's always been like that. Since Brokeback Mountain lost BP due to homophobia, I have not cared about the Academy Awards. I don't want to generalise and say, "It's just a bunch of old white men" (mainly because people would attack me for saying that  :ph34r: ) but at the end of the day, it is just a bunch of people's opinions, and not your own.

If you want to find awards worthy of respect then I would say just listen to the critics who you genuinely have respect for. I don't know who any of the Oscar voters are, so I have no respect for them - no more respect for the Academy Awards than I have for my own opinion. I have no reason to care about their choices, so I don't.

Sorry, maybe it was too much...allow me to rephrase it:

It was a horrible piece of shit and it made me want to slit my wrists and then pour vinegar on the wounds, anything to take away the pain of watching that horrible horrible film.

You know what baumer? I feel like these noms are pieces of shit and I wanted to slit my wrists this morning and jab LEGO bricks into the wounds in order to take me away from the pain of the snub so I guess we're even

• Like 1