baumer

Baumer's 40 comedies that could have won best picture

I think Borat is the hardest I've ever laughed in a movie theater. Like you, I had no idea what was coming, and during that hotel scene I was laughing so hard I almost literally felt like I was going to pass out.

Yep, I was eating MMs at the time and I thought I was going to choke to death.

37) The Last Supper (1996): One of my favourite films that pretty much nobody has seen.  It's blessed with a terrific cast not only with the principal cast but with one of the richest litter of cameos ever put on film.  Bill Paxton, Mark Harmon, Jason Alexander and Charles Durning are just some of the people who show up for dinner.  Here's a film that has 5 college educated young adults living in a house together and they talk and act and think that they are slightly better than the rest of us.  One night while drinking wine and discussing history and politics, one of them asks what they would do if they had opportunity to kill Hitler before he became Hitler.  This starts a chain reaction where they decide they will invite people to dinner, ask them their views on politics and such and if they feel their answers could make them a threat to society in the future, well, they die.  It's black comedy at it's finest.  Written by Dan Rosen and directed by Stacey Title, each of whom went on to do pretty much nothing in the business, this movie is interesting, funny, makes you think and eventually makes you want to take a cold shower.  

Trivia:  Bill Paxton filmed his cameo in one weekend, while making Apollo 13.

Yeah just noticed that in your OP. Well they're much before my time too! :P Can still watch and like them though. In fact, I'd take the 30's-60's rom-coms anyday over modern ones on the the whole.

yeah but nowadays we have more daring, less appropriate rom coms that aren't afraid to be completely disgusting and I prefer that to the older generations rom coms.