druv10

7.8M Thursday number for AS (courtesy of Rth)

Once everyone started mentioning how they could barely find showtimes for today, it was pretty obvious to me this would be doing well over $60 million this weekend.

$20.5 million Friday

$29 million Saturday

$21 million Sunday 

$70.5 million 2nd weekend... and AS makes a run for $500 million+ DOM  :lol:

Boy Next Door appears to be benefiting from AS sellouts. It'll get $60-65 million DOM total when it should have done $25-30 million DOM total. 

I think Project Almanac, Jupiter Ascending and Kingsman will also see boosts due to either sellouts or because of trailers in front of Sniper. I'm pretty sure most every showing of Sniper had a Kingsman trailer in front of it. 

Either way, glad that 2015 is starting off with a bang. I'd love to see it eventually outpace 2009's ticket sales  :ph34r:

JLo has been everywhere promoting The Boy Next Door and the ads made it look like it might be intentionally unintentionally hilarious ("I love your mother's cookies!"). I think it's earned its own audience. If sellouts help other movies, why didn't Blackhat do better? Not that it's really similar to American Sniper but it's more like it than The 30-Year-Old Next Door.

Sniper has tapped into a conservative/red state audience that typically doesn't go to the movies....they deem the industry far left wing and not worthy of their attention.  They basically are an under-served market.  The problem is that the conservative filmmakers that exist nowadays are complete idiots who make crappy stuff.  Think Kirk Cameron for example.  The Left Behind series or The Son of God movies.  Lots of dumb stuff that belongs on the Christian Broadcasting Network with Pat Robertson.  There aren't enough conservative filmmakers in the movie industry who are actually smart.

Yet you weren't smart enough not to take a shot at Christian themed films. Good job. Those kinds of films belong in mainstream theaters. Whether the individual films are of quality is a different issue.

Sniper has tapped into a conservative/red state audience that typically doesn't go to the movies....they deem the industry far left wing and not worthy of their attention.  They basically are an under-served market.  The problem is that the conservative filmmakers that exist nowadays are complete idiots who make crappy stuff.  Think Kirk Cameron for example.  The Left Behind series or The Son of God movies.  Lots of dumb stuff that belongs on the Christian Broadcasting Network with Pat Robertson.  There aren't enough conservative filmmakers in the movie industry who are actually smart.

Yet you weren't smart enough not to take a shot at Christian themed films. Good job. Those kinds of films belong in mainstream theaters. Whether the individual films are of quality is a different issue.

STOP.

Thank you. I took the bait unfortunately.