pretty reckless

Biggest FEMALE box office draws of all time?

Yea, of all time, you have to go way back as well. There were some massive female draws before the 70's. Shirly Temple and Marilyn Monroe come to mind. Katherine Hepburn had a run as well that probably started with Bringing up Baby in 1938. Stars were much more important to the films back in the day than they are now. Kaherine Heigl is not on the list as she has no longevity. Without even doing any research and going by the seat of my pants, I would include:Katherine HepburnShirley TempleMarilyn MonroeAudrey HepburnMeryl StreepElizabeth TaylorShirly MaclaineFaye DunawayJulie AndrewsJane FondaGrace KellyGinger RogersBette DavisJulia RobertsLana TurnerGreta GarboMarlene DietrichRita HayworthLauren BacallI know I'm forgetting a bunch but these actresses mattered to the films they were in. It's not like Meg Ryan or Katherine Heigl from today...actresses that had a few hits. some of these actresses were paramount to a films success.

Yea, of all time, you have to go way back as well. There were some massive female draws before the 70's. Shirly Temple and Marilyn Monroe come to mind. Katherine Hepburn had a run as well that probably started with Bringing up Baby in 1938. Stars were much more important to the films back in the day than they are now.

Kaherine Heigl is not on the list as she has no longevity.

Without even doing any research and going by the seat of my pants, I would include:

Katherine Hepburn

Shirley Temple

Marilyn Monroe

Audrey Hepburn

Meryl Streep

Elizabeth Taylor

Shirly Maclaine

Faye Dunaway

Julie Andrews

Jane Fonda

Grace Kelly

Ginger Rogers

Bette Davis

Julia Roberts

Lana Turner

Greta Garbo

Marlene Dietrich

Rita Hayworth

Lauren Bacall

I know I'm forgetting a bunch but these actresses mattered to the films they were in. It's not like Meg Ryan or Katherine Heigl from today...actresses that had a few hits. some of these actresses were paramount to a films success.

Grace Kelly might be the most beautiful actress ever.