sfran43

Thursday's #

About the percentages changes per days... do you not have at Monday too a public holiday? Here today (Karfreitag = your Good Friday I guess) and Monday = ~ Easter Monday are country-wide (all states) public holidays, all normal stores... are closed (not counting for bigger train stations, airports, gas stations,.. (= transit) and restaurants, cinemas, dance thingies, bowling, swimming, and so on...).

About the percentages changes per days... do you not have at Monday too a public holiday? Here today (Karfreitag = your Good Friday I guess) and Monday = ~ Easter Monday are country-wide (all states) public holidays, all normal stores... are closed (not counting for bigger train stations, airports, gas stations,.. (= transit) and restaurants, cinemas, dance thingies, bowling, swimming, and so on...).

Nope. Monday is not a holiday at all.

Agree, I also feel groupthink also has been prevalent as of late. And also people setting up way too high predictions that when the movie does not meet it, it would like the movie is a box office failure even if it doesn't.

I agree.

• Like 2

Nope. Monday is not a holiday at all.

Thanks, good to know, I was expecting (in a way, as I'm not into prediciotn for now) other Sunday... percentages based on assuming Monday being a public holiday too

• Like 1

LOL I'm at work. Some people get Good Friday off but a lot of people don't.  Thursday isn't even considered. Some schools are out though.

:(

We get thursday,friday and monday off. Schools are out all week

Great for BO :)

• Like 1

School holidays here are 2 weeks, with Easter 'sitting' in the mid of that time (one week before = this week, one week after), then 6 weeks school and again 2 weeks school holidays.. (~ 20 May beginning, Whitsun???) then longer school then 6 weeks summer school holidays (varying dates for the states)

Pupils here have 14 weeks of school holidays per year plus public holidays outside of the school holidays. I'm working e.g. as a part time teacher.... :D

FF 7 got a real good release date here for that reason, Avengers 2 has a nice date too as Friday the 1. May (9 days after the relase here) is a public holiday again and (assuming it is good) WOM .... should give it a very very nice 2nd weekend.

But the date for Avengers 2 in complete is not so good for pupils during the week..., a lot of pupils have part of their finals in that time till the (May) school holidays too (and the rest of those finaks after those school holidays).

A bit late in relation to the release date till a lot of those will take the time, and I am afraid based on that a bit less repeat viewings then usual for those age groups.

No go. America is the land of the capitalists. Got to squeeze every dollar out of any holiday season.  Work, Work, Work

• Like 1

No go. America is the land of the capitalists. Got to squeeze every dollar out of any holiday season.  Work, Work, Work

How much paid vacation time gets a worker / non-boss in your country? How many paid (if not at the weekend) public holidays... in addition? How many hours per week is the max. (beside some over-time exceptions for whatever special situation)?

How much paid vacation time gets a worker / non-boss in your country?

Depends on the company you work for. There's no guaranteed paid vacation time like there is in other western countries. Usually it's included in your benefits, the longer you work at a company the more vacation time you can take off.

How many paid (if not at the weekend) public holidays... in addition?

Like vacation time, it depends. There are ten public holidays, and the companies usually pick and choose which ones to give off to employees.

How many hours per week is the max. (beside some over-time exceptions for whatever special situation)?

40 hours a week for government employees. There isn't one for non-government employees, but I think the average in 2012 was something like 34 hours a week.

Edited by Sir Tiki
  • Like 1

Wow, more differences then I expected.

We get per law at least 4 weeks paid vacation time, but common for not-beginners are ~ 6 weeks - or even more if working for a longer time for the same company.

13 paid and per law free (no work) public holidays, only restaurants, ... see above and energy basics, health care... and working in shifts... are allowed to work then, those do not get the same kind of extra money.

If the public holiday happens to be at a week-day you do not work they do not have to pay it, means if you work Monday to Friday and it is at a Saturday, no extra payment.

Exceptions if (paid double or more, depends on the daytime) overtime is needed for a project a normalnon-shift...  worker can be asked for doing over-time, same counts for weekends, Sunday being more expensive for the company owners then e.g. Saturdays.

Also extra money for night over-time, evening over-time,.... in general. Sunday the same as public holiday

Depending on the company you work for and how long you are with the company / what kind of profession:

1/2 months salary extra each for x-mas and main vacation time, some get less, some get more. We call it the 13th month salary (or 13 1/2 month...)

Plus extra money if a company does those, if a project / year was very successful.

max per week is 40 hours for some professions (usually with weaker union influence), between 35h and 38.5 hours for others.

Companies also pay 1/2 of health care and 1/2 of the pension payings for all not self-employed workers (not counting for small hours per week part-time workers).

We have common health care and common ~ pensions as a law since 188x (forgot the year), but way earlier precursors.

Till now I wasn't even aware about any economy/system in the Western world, where companies decide over which public holiday to 'give' to their workers, still a bit stunned  :o  :wacko:  over that.

How much paid vacation time gets a worker / non-boss in your country? How many paid (if not at the weekend) public holidays... in addition? How many hours per week is the max. (beside some over-time exceptions for whatever special situation)?

Answered by Sir Tiki. Depends on the company and also each state has their regulations. They have it categorized as exempt and non-exempt. Exempts can work around the clock and can be on call at anytime. They don't get overtime pay but they are usually are highly compensated as well.  As a general rule a non-exempt worker can't work over 40hrs in a week without being paid overtime. It varies state to state. California is different. A non exempt worker receives overtime pay after 8 hrs in a day and/or 40hrs per week.

• Like 1