kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES | 05.08.15 - 05.10.15

I honestly can't tell if there serious, but I really think they feel this movie was a failure.. A movie that makes this kind of $$$$ is a failure.. What fucking world do we live in where a movie that has made what AOU has made so far considered a failure besides the dumbasses over at KJ, Excel included???

Excel started the thread right? That is the same Excel that said that TDKR would make 1b domestic and broke out his spreadsheet to prove it right? LOL

Edited by Ecstasy
  • Like 1

A few days ago in the AOU 2nd weekend O/U thread I posted the pattern of the last five superhero summer starters which indicated that not one of them made less than their opening days on their 2nd weekends...including TASM2. That puts the line at 84.4m+. If TASM2 could do it, surely a film from the most prominent MCU franchise can.

Interesting. Never thought of this.

Aren't you the guy who claims that TDKR was a failure for only making 448M and 1B WW?? and you are also the guy who is saying that BvS should be considered a failure if it fails to match Avengers OW of 207M.

Judging AOU strictly using the same parameters you seem to apply to other movies, it is a massive failure.

Sure BKB has said some looney shit, but you got the whole forum chiming in on what went wrong, lol.  It's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. We got loonies over here for sure. But there are always opposite opinions on any given subject and some very intelligent box office gurus here that balance out the nonsense.

Looking like that be about right, Disney about 3 hrs ago had it 22-25

I told you to stop giving those early numbers.  Wait until midnight like you used to do. Nothing good ever comes early, lol.

• Like 5

Possible scenarios with 21-22M

21M

34M

23M

78M

22M

36M

24M

82M

Like I said earlier based on my gut, Saturday would have to save it from going under.

Jesus, talk about Bi-Polar on these early numbers.. :wacko:  I'd rather Rth not give them out if it's going to cause hysteria over it...

No. Just don't give them too early. Wait until the numbers are in for the evening shows. He used to do that. We still get them before official estimates come out.

I mean, we went from 90M a few hours ago to under 80M now??? LMAO.. :rofl:  :slaphead: 

Well I said under 80 anyway. That's was before the early estimates came in. 

No. Just don't give them too early. Wait until the numbers are in for the evening shows. He used to do that. We still get them before official estimates come out.

Frankly, I find it interesting to see how numbers progress actually. Rth doesn't show up everyday, so when he does and provides the numbers it is nice to see them. I think everyone is modeling AOU based on Avengers's equivalent performance and it is slightly lagging Avengers with each update (complete guesswork on my part here).

Rth's control panel must be awesome to see for us box office fans. I wonder how many feeds probably show up in real time and then the extrapolations from that data and so on. I really appreciate him providing these updates, and would like him to when he can.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 7

I mean, we went from 90M a few hours ago to under 80M now??? LMAO.. :rofl:  :slaphead: 

That's the pattern for this movie now Avatar owns Avengers, that's the pattern for this movie now ...

AOU just may go under 80m this weekend. Prepare yourselves. Saturday may save it though.

I said this earlier. However, I will say with no sporting events and presales fiasco, those early estimates should have stuck. These last Friday numbers tell me that there is a lot less interest for late shows.

Frankly, I find it interesting to see how numbers progress actually. Rth doesn't show up everyday, so when he does and provides the numbers it is nice to see them. I think everyone is modeling AOU based on Avengers's equivalent performance and it is slightly lagging Avengers with each update (complete guesswork on my part here).

Agreed.

Especially on the weekend.   Most people are not around this time of night.

I guess the West Coast under-performed compared to what Rth was seeing earlier.

Since