kayumanggi

WEEKEND ACTUALS | PITCH PERFECT II 69.2 M | MAD MAX: FURY ROAD 45.4 M | AVENGERS: AOU 38.9 M

Sorry, but the one posted by Gitesh is exactly what boxoffice.com reported. When someone says 'final', isn't it normal to think that's the actual number? There can't be anything beyond final, right? This shouldn't really be a big deal. I just find it wrong to accuse me and think that I made the thread because I wanted to be the first one. Like for what? And it was done while the thread was locked. I couldn't even defend my self. Then another would tell me I am actually worse than Neo when, just like what I said, all I did was post the real weekend number.

The actual was announced around 11:30 am. I'm not blaming you for anything -- it was Gitesh's mistake, not yours... but locking the thread until actuals began to be announced was the correct thing to do.

• Like 1

Furious 7 was almost always going to pass 1B WW (the last 2 installments did come close). No one expected a 1.5B+ though.

FF5 increased about 72%,over FF4 and FF6 increased about 26%,(both WW). FF7 was likely to increase probably by about 20% to about 950 Mil or so. But this phenomenal 93% (projected final) increase can be primarily credited to PW.

But I feel while FF7 is the peak of the series, FF8 could retain a high percentage of FF7's audiences, since it has already crossed over to the next level.

Edited by jb007

Furious 7 was almost always going to pass 1B WW (the last 2 installments did come close). No one expected a 1.5B+ though.

Nah, it was hardly locked for 1B. Over 200M WW was going to be a big jump considering FF6 already did well in China. I personally had it at 900M if I recall correctly, which obviously would still have been great.

Nah, it was hardly locked for 1B. Over 200M WW was going to be a big jump considering FF6 already did well in China. I personally had it at 900M if I recall correctly, which obviously would still have been great.

+1

FF4 - 363 M

FF5 - 626 M

FF6 - 788 M

Based on this, FF7 was headed towards a WW gross in the vicinity of 900M.

• Like 1

Titanic - For teh Winslett boobies and cutie pie Leo

TDK - Heath Ledgers death

Avengers - people only flocked because it was so many heroes coming together for the first time

F7 - Paul Walkers death

• Like 1

Titanic - For teh Winslett boobies and cutie pie Leo

TDK - Heath Ledgers death

Avengers - people only flocked because it was so many heroes coming together for the first time

F7 - Paul Walkers death

You can attribute many films success to such factors.

ROTS - Darth Vader returns and was hyped as last SW film ever.

DMC- Was hyped as biggest film of the year handily.

TF2- Attack of the under 25 male crowd