CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers One | September 20, 2024 | Prequel | Paramount | Animated

Unimpressed as I was by the trailer, willing to give this the benefit of the doubt with Cooley helming it. I just don't want it treading on Wild Robot

Edited by AniNate

Didn't this move from August? Why it moved from there is beyond me. Seems like as good a place for it as any being spaced out between Despicable Me 4 and The Wild Robot.

August 2 would be the same slot as TMNT: Mutant Mayhem last year and that did well even in the wake of Barbenheimer. I don't see why Transformers One couldn't do the same against Deadpool.

Edited by Insomnia

1 minute ago, cinema pal said:

No

It was July 19, 2024

Ah okay thanks. I can see Paramount wanting to get it away from Despicable Me 4 but August would be a lot better. Again, give it the same slot that Mutant Mayhem had. That would make for a pretty promising August slate.

Since apparently the movie is finished it does raise the question: Why didn't they stake the Mutant Mayhem date for this? Were they afraid of Deadpool too? I'm pretty sure they could've bullied Purple Crayon out of it.

Glad that apparently it's a good film but can't help feeling bitter it's unnecessarily treading on the territory of my stan movie. Yes, I know it's irrational and immature.  

Edited by AniNate
  • Thanks 1

I suppose one could argue that Mutant Mayhem wasn't that impressive a box office performer in August even with a total lack of competition, so Paramount might have been more inclined to experiment with an "after school" sort of strategy here. Would be nice if it and TWR end up feeding into each other. Do wonder if that Piece by Piece movie might attract a certain family audience as well. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Assuming this movie really is all that, I’d be inclined to say that they should just scrap the live action continuity and focus on this. 

It’ll be interesting to see if they factor in humans eventually.

12 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I suppose one could argue that Mutant Mayhem wasn't that impressive a box office performer in August even with a total lack of competition, so Paramount might have been more inclined to experiment with an "after school" sort of strategy here. Would be nice if it and TWR end up feeding into each other. Do wonder if that Piece by Piece movie might attract a certain family audience as well. 

Hoping this and TWR are both successful.

I was in the screening. This deserves to be a hit. It’s fucking incredible.

the first trailer is NOT indicative of the full movie. Yes, that humor is there (and shockingly effective), but there is so much more. 

I should note: yes I’m a big Transformers fan. But the entire audience was eating this UP.

Edited by Starphanluke
  • Heart 1