CJohn

Weekend Estimates: TDI - 34.5M; MI4 - 20.5M; SH2 - 14M; DT - 11.4M; Alvin 3 - 9.5M; TTSS - 5.7M

A great weekend and a good start for 2012.The Devil Inside is a huge hit no matter what happens from here on. Its unheard bad WOM will make its next weekend and total gross really interesting.M:I 4 is continuing to impress. It will probably reach 210-215m in the end.Very good for Sherlock Holmes 2. I believe it will make it to 190m.Another great hold for Dragon Tattoo that shows some good legs. 100m is almost certain so 105-110m is looking like the most possible finish now.Alvin could probably do about 140m and War Horse along with We Bought a Zoo will make it to 75-85m. Good for both of them.Tintin will end with about 75m also but it's not good at all for it.And a solid expantion for Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy.

No. DT is on track to make $115-120 mio w/o Oscars. Next week is MLK so it`ll have another over $10 mio weekend. That`ll put it at over $90 mio. Do the math from there. Unless it magically loses over 1/2 of theaters and screens.

Did'ent realize that it was at 77 mill allready.. I thoght i was at 70 mill...But it wont make 120 mill IMO

Did'ent realize that it was at 77 mill allready.. I thoght i was at 70 mill...But it wont make 120 mill IMO

Well, onslaught of UW,Haywire,Redtails will certainly put some dent into its hold whether because it`ll have to give up theaters or because those movies will draw its target audience. However, $120 mio is very doable regardless. Edited by fishnets

We will see.. But all in all.. Its a good DOM gross and a sequel should happen..

I can`t wait for sequels to tarnish the goodwill from the first movie. What awful, awful shit those books (and Swedish movies) are. I hope Fincher passes on them.

Surprisingly interesting weekend, I thought it would be pretty boring but TDI opening huge and getting an F cinemascore nixes that. I'm so glad TTSS is doing well, can't wait till it opens here on 19th Jan.

Surprisingly interesting weekend, I thought it would be pretty boring but TDI opening huge and getting an F cinemascore nixes that.

Gigantic egg in critics face. They warned us, we ddin`t believe it, acknowledged it too late, and Paramount is laughing all the way to the bank. Terrific stuff. Go TDI!

And we have the Hobbit at the end of the year so we have a good chance (because Christmas 2009 was the most epic Christmas of all time). 2012 looks fantastic.

I just talked to a friend and told him about TDI OW. He said that with such an awesome result there is a good chance the movie will be moved OS to February almost everywhere. Right now, the majority of his release dates are in March.

Everything really held well over Christmas and didn't turn out to be too disappointing. MI4 and We Brought a Zoo over performed. War Horse and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo did expected numbers despite slow starts. Sherlock Holmes 2 slightly disappointed but has had great holds and should end fairly strong. Alvin and the Chipmunks 3 did excellent at failing but had strong legs :( . The Adventures of Tintin is the only out right flop of the Christmas season. This should have been marketed much better and should have seen great legs. The lowest this should have made was 125M. This should have been promoted as a blockbuster film and it easily could have been.