baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Ted 2 could have opened huge if it actually looked as good as the first. The trailers were just kind of meh and the story line just seems unnecessary.

I don't think that had much to do with it. I think the one two punch of JW and IO stole most of the thunder, and that had the biggest effect. Had Ted 2 opened in a quieter month, it wouldn't have opened hugely, but I would say 45M would have happened.

He means JW is in control of the other three films.

Mojo used the same image with the headline "Jurassic' Holds Off Challengers".

I'm proud of Keith for not using an awful pun for a third week in a row.

Ted 2's OW is 2015's biggest shocker after JW.

I'd rank IO, Home, PP2, and Furious 7 next.

Pretty interesting year so far.

I thought Ted 2 would be big but comedy sequels always have the potential to tank, and frequently do. In no way would I personally put Ted 2 above the likes of F7 and AS.

Exactly, plus they melt in your mouth.

They probably stopped selling them because people were getting addicted.

Lol I'm just curious what concession items do your guys' theatres sell? Mine is a small theatre so we only got popcorn, fountain drinks, candy, nachos cotton candy, and ice cream (Hagan Das and drumsticks etc). But I know my friend has a frozen yogurt bar at his.

Mojo used the same image with the headline "Jurassic' Holds Off Challengers".

I'm proud of Keith for not using an awful pun for a third week in a row.

Awful puns have always been a thing with the Mojo headlines and I wouldn't have it any other way

The articles on the other hand suck

Lol I'm just curious what concession items do your guys' theatres sell? Mine is a small theatre so we only got popcorn, fountain drinks, candy, nachos cotton candy, and ice cream (Hagan Das and drumsticks etc). But I know my friend has a frozen yogurt bar at his.

Cotton Candy? That's a new one

@ERCboxoffice

MINIONS debuted in the UK with $16M, BRZ $7.2M. Early int'l total is $51.7M

That sounds like an insane UK debut. What were the comparable DM2 numbers?

Many people have been saying it, but I really do think Minions will basically play like DM3. It's just going to be a worldwide monster from now until July 17, and even with big competition, its going to make A LOT of money!

• Like 1