Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

I have no idea what I would support tbh. The movie was death. Keeping the same cast is impossible, they all will want to stay away. A crossover will probably not help F4 and hurt X-Men (and would have to be a soft reboot and still use the inter-dimensional travel stuff from this movie). Going back to Marvel isn't exactly what I want either because they would immediately use it instead of moving forward with more new heroes. A reboot in 7 years would be my choice tbh.

Don't think the rights are going back to Marvel anytime soon, unless Fox is really willing to trade them for X-Men TV deal

But if they did, I wouldn't expect a new F4 movie anytime soon. I would expect Silver Surfer to become a main character in the Guardians franchise tho

• Like 1

Don't think the rights are going back to Marvel anytime soon, unless Fox is really willing to trade them for X-Men TV deal

But if they did, I wouldn't expect a new F4 movie anytime soon. I would expect Silver Surfer to become a main character in the Guardians franchise tho

It would be a really stupid deal so I guess it is likely it happens.

7 years between movies is enough time to reboot it endlessly. 

After the franchise has been shit on so many times in cinema form, probably the only way people will accept a new F4 movie is if a top tier director does it with an appealing cast. No Nolan though, way wrong franchise for him.

Bryan Singer to do the crossover. Internet can't decide if they are happy or outraged.

• Like 1

After the franchise has been shit on so many times in cinema form, probably the only way people will accept a new F4 movie is if a top tier  director does it with an appealing cast. No Nolan though, way wrong franchise for him.

Nolan would NEVER accept to do a F4 reboot.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Bryan Singer to do the crossover. Internet can't decide if they are happy or outraged.

I actually support this idea. And get Matthew Vaughn for the first F4 individual movie after the crossover. Pay both of them whatever you must FOX.

Edited by CJohn

The Gift apparently cost $7.5 million, including P&A.  And good WOM is already spreading.  Amazing how so much can be wasted on creative/executive misfires like FF just for studio hubris.

I wonder how Secret in Their Eyes will do; it already has better marketing and a more appealing cast. Just a really bad release date IMO

Green Lantern has managed to put me in a position with a friend where I always have to defend Green Hornet. I mean, Hornet ain't that great, but to call it worse than Green Lantern is a bit cray cray to my opinion

Although I probably liked Hornet a good deal more than most on this site

I like Green Lantern but I really like Green Hornet

He did a Batman reboot, what's the difference?

Seriously? I am not gonna answer this :lol: It is just obvious he won't do another superhero movie. He has the power to do whatever the fuck he wants.

• Like 2

Or they could always hand the franchise over to Gareth Edwards and find out just how much you really can beat a dead horse...

Gareth Edwards has better things to do.

• Like 1

Seriously? I am not gonna answer this :lol: It is just obvious he won't do another superhero movie. He has the power to do whatever the fuck he wants.

He wouldn't now I agree. But say in a hypothetical world where he never did Batman, Inception, Interstellar... In 2009 he was offered the job as the director of the Jew Fantastic Four reboot, do you think he would take it?

I still stick by my guns that Nolan will want to explore a Bruce Wayne in his older years, Dark Knight Returns esque story in about 15 years or so.

He wouldn't now I agree. But say in a hypothetical world where he never did Batman, Inception, Interstellar... In 2009 he was offered the job as the director of the Jew Fantastic Four reboot, do you think he would take it?

Oh yeah, sure, I think he would take it, just like he took Batman Begins.