chasmmi

Chasmmi's Winter Game - Grey Ghost is the WINNER!

Looking at some SOTMs:

SOTM 1: The Martian is still chugging along, it probably can't be scored until the end of the game.

SOTM 7: It's going to come down to the wire for the 13 Hours question (O/U 60.03M). This one can't be scored until near the end of the game anyways because of Deadpool.

SOTM 9: This will be ready to score in two weeks max. We just need to see what holds better: Fifth Wave or Dirty Grandpa. I'd say there's a chance that anyone who said Fifth Wave loses points because of The Boy, but it's unlikely.

SOTM 8, on the other hand, can be scored now!

1000     Will Star Wars outgross The Avengers? Yes

2000     Will Star Wars outgross Titanic? Yes

4000     Will Star Wars outgross Avatar? Yes

7000     Will Star Wars outgross Titanic before the end of 2015? No

10000   Will Star Wars be the highest grossing film in January? Yes

16000   Will Star Wars be the highest grossing film from February 1st to the end of the game? No

20000   Will Star Wars gross more than $875M? Yes

24000   How many new releases on January 15th will have a larger weekend gross than Star Wars? One

28000   How many weekends in January (excluding New Years W/E) will Star Wars be Number 1? One

32000   Will Star Wars gross more than $1B? No

40000   Will Star Wars' 2016 winter Game gross be closer to Empires' total gross (290M), A new Hope's ($461M), or Jedi's ($309M) Empire

50000   Will Star Wars gross more in China or the USA over the duration of its Chinese release? China (not locked, but irrelevant as nobody could reach this far)

60000   Will Star Wars enter the top 5 on the all time list adjusted for Inflation ($1.13B)? No

80000   Will Star Wars have a weekend gross increase in 2016 by the end of the game? No

100000 Will Star Wars pass Titanic's Worldwide total by the end of the game? Likely but irrelevant as nobody could reach this far

WrathOfHan: 32k (Everything answered correctly)

Grey Ghost: 28k (Everything answered correctly)

darkelf: 28k (Everything answered correctly)

bcf26: 20k (Everything answered correctly)

Wrath: 20k (Lifesaver on Question 9, Question 11 was the last one answered)

ThatOneGuy: -7k (Cut Short on Question 4)

Chasmmi: -24k (Cut Short on Question 8)

Telemachos: -24k (Cut Short on Question 8)

Exxdee: -32k (Question 4 incorrect) 

MovieMan89: -32k (Question 10 incorrect)

kayumanggi: -50k (Question 11 incorrect)

Blankments: -60k (Question 11 incorrect)

Infernus: -60k (Question 11 incorrect)

Jajang: -100k (Question 11 incorrect)

MikeKaye42: -100k (Question 4 incorrect)

sakskidz: -100K (Question 7 incorrect)

Only 5 people were able to gain points from this and they were all decent sized gains.

• Like 4

This sucks once again :angry: I got everything right, all the questions I used a life line on too. And yet I didn't use a lifeline on the one question I got wrong...

But I simply didn't think there was any way it won't happen. Everyone was talking about a billion so I thought atleast 952 should have no problem..

And I went down from winning 60k to losing the same.

Edited by Infernus

SOTM 6 :-

I'm just updating things and note the following players did not supply an answer or have abstained... your scores for this question are in addition to the post 1 page earlier...

99 Trees = -5000

Alfred = -5000

BastienGiot = -5000

Baumer = -5000

DamienRoc = 5000 (Abstained)

Kalo = -5000

layguy03 = -5000

The Panda = -5000

2 hours ago, Infernus said:

This sucks once again :angry: I got everything right, all the questions I used a life line on too. And yet I didn't use a lifeline on the one question I got wrong...

But I simply didn't think there was any way it won't happen. Everyone was talking about a billion so I thought atleast 952 should have no problem..

And I went down from winning 60k to losing the same.

Pretty sure i would have got the 100k but for the same question as i think had the others right :(  sucks as i to thought 951m was a given at that point but i think its going to be like 40m short of that (unless it does something magical of course... )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

SOTM 6 :-

I'm just updating things and note the following players did not supply an answer or have abstained... your scores for this question are in addition to the post 1 page earlier...

99 Trees = -5000

Alfred = -5000

BastienGiot = -5000

Baumer = -5000

DamienRoc = 5000 (Abstained)

Kalo = -5000

layguy03 = -5000

The Panda = -5000

Well, in that list I look pretty good. \m/_;)_\m/

• Like 2

ok i've updated tables but i'll hold off posting until week 15 is scored.  and by the looks of it SOTM 8 also... 

All I will say you know who continues to lead all though the rest of the chart has flipped around a bit and probably subject to more change when SOTM 8 is included..... 

(damn shame that SW didn't hold on better :( for my sake as thats a 200k turnaround :( )

12 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Looking at some SOTMs:

SOTM 1: The Martian is still chugging along, it probably can't be scored until the end of the game.

SOTM 7: It's going to come down to the wire for the 13 Hours question (O/U 60.03M). This one can't be scored until near the end of the game anyways because of Deadpool.

SOTM 9: This will be ready to score in two weeks max. We just need to see what holds better: Fifth Wave or Dirty Grandpa. I'd say there's a chance that anyone who said Fifth Wave loses points because of The Boy, but it's unlikely.

SOTM 8, on the other hand, can be scored now!

1000     Will Star Wars outgross The Avengers? Yes

2000     Will Star Wars outgross Titanic? Yes

4000     Will Star Wars outgross Avatar? Yes

7000     Will Star Wars outgross Titanic before the end of 2015? No

10000   Will Star Wars be the highest grossing film in January? Yes

16000   Will Star Wars be the highest grossing film from February 1st to the end of the game? No

20000   Will Star Wars gross more than $875M? Yes

24000   How many new releases on January 15th will have a larger weekend gross than Star Wars? One

28000   How many weekends in January (excluding New Years W/E) will Star Wars be Number 1? One

32000   Will Star Wars gross more than $1B? No

40000   Will Star Wars' 2016 winter Game gross be closer to Empires' total gross (290M), A new Hope's ($461M), or Jedi's ($309M) Empire

50000   Will Star Wars gross more in China or the USA over the duration of its Chinese release? China (not locked, but irrelevant as nobody could reach this far)

60000   Will Star Wars enter the top 5 on the all time list adjusted for Inflation ($1.13B)? No

80000   Will Star Wars have a weekend gross increase in 2016 by the end of the game? No

100000 Will Star Wars pass Titanic's Worldwide total by the end of the game? Likely but irrelevant as nobody could reach this far

WrathOfHan: 32k (Everything answered correctly)

Grey Ghost: 28k (Everything answered correctly)

darkelf: 28k (Everything answered correctly)

bcf26: 20k (Everything answered correctly)

Wrath: 20k (Lifesaver on Question 9, Question 11 was the last one answered)

ThatOneGuy: -7k (Cut Short on Question 4)

Chasmmi: -24k (Cut Short on Question 8)

Telemachos: -24k (Cut Short on Question 8)

Exxdee: -32k (Question 4 incorrect) 

MovieMan89: -32k (Question 10 incorrect)

kayumanggi: -50k (Question 11 incorrect)

Blankments: -60k (Question 11 incorrect)

Infernus: -60k (Question 11 incorrect)

Jajang: -100k (Question 11 incorrect)

MikeKaye42: -100k (Question 4 incorrect)

sakskidz: -100K (Question 7 incorrect)

Only 5 people were able to gain points from this and they were all decent sized gains.

The scoring's wrong for these two - 

ThatOneGuy: -80k (Cut Short on Question 4 but got the 28k Q wrong too)

Telemachos: -50k (Cut Short on Question 8 but got the 40k Q wrong too)

2 hours ago, Infernus said:

I believe if you get cut short the rest is null and voided. 

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

I believe if you get cut short the rest is null and voided. 

So they are getting rewarded for getting a question wrong? Coz Going by that, other people who used cut short too but unfortunately ended up getting the cut short question right will lose more points even after making the same mistakes in the following questions. And that would be massively unfair. So I don't think it works that way.

Edited by Infernus

23 minutes ago, Infernus said:

So they are getting rewarded for getting a question wrong? Coz Going by that, other people who used cut short too but unfortunately ended up getting the cut short question right will lose more points even after making the same mistakes in the following questions. And that would be massively unfair. So I don't think it works that way.

you would be correct.

Cut Short was intended that if you got the Cut Short Question wrong, rather than losing the maximum points because as soon as you get a question you would normally lose the maximum points you went for, you would only lose the points for the Cut short question.  so yes if you got the cut short question correct IT DOES NOT HELP YOU and you wasted a lifeline.  

4 hours ago, Infernus said:

thats means because thatoneguy got the 7k question wrong and he wrote cut short on it, he gets -7k no matter what else he did beyond that question.  Same goes for Telemachos.... everything beyond his cut short is irrelevant since he got the cut short question wrong...  (which was the 24k question hence he gets -24k)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

you would be correct.

Cut Short was intended that if you got the Cut Short Question wrong, rather than losing the maximum points because as soon as you get a question you would normally lose the maximum points you went for, you would only lose the points for the Cut short question.  so yes if you got the cut short question correct IT DOES NOT HELP YOU and you wasted a lifeline.  

thats means because thatoneguy got the 7k question wrong and he wrote cut short on it, he gets -7k no matter what else he did beyond that question.  Same goes for Telemachos.... everything beyond his cut short is irrelevant since he got the cut short question wrong...  (which was the 24k question hence he gets -24k)

I know that (the first part) and you may be right but consider this example -

Two players, each used cut short on question 5. Each question increases 5k to the total.

Player 1  Player 2

Q1   correct.     C

Q2.  Correct.    C

3     correct .    C

4.   Correct.     C

5.   Wrong .     C

6.   Wrong       C

7    wrong       C

8.   Wrong       w

9.   Wrong       c

10. Wrong.     C

Now going by your way, the first guy would lose 25k while the second will lose 50k. Tell me, do you think it would be fair? I already didn't think that someone with many wrongs losing the same as someone with one wrong, when both answered same no of questions, was fair. But that is how the game works. But in this case a guy is actually losing more because he got a question right (the fifth one).

13 minutes ago, Infernus said:

I know that (the first part) and you may be right but consider this example -

Two players, each used cut short on question 5. Each question increases 5k to the total.

Player 1  Player 2

Q1   correct.     C

Q2.  Correct.    C

3     correct .    C

4.   Correct.     C

5.   Wrong .     C

6.   Wrong       C

7    wrong       C

8.   Wrong       w

9.   Wrong       c

10. Wrong.     C

Now going by your way, the first guy would lose 25k while the second will lose 50k. Tell me, do you think it would be fair? I already didn't think that someone with many wrongs losing the same as someone with one wrong, when both answered same no of questions, was fair. But that is how the game works. But in this case a guy is actually losing more because he got a question right (the fifth one).

ah but that is the point of the lifeline.  Cut Short is intended as a saving point where you would less no matter how you went further on.. because if you had a lifeline it's a out essentially from the whole SOTM.  which means yes player 1 would lose 25k in that case.  while player only getting 1 question wrong will lose the whole 50k.  

the lifelines were intended that way.   hence why it's called cut short.. it's essentially saying if the player answered this question wrong then his questions are "CUT SHORT" hence you only lose the value of the cut short question and all questions beyond are as if you never answered them.  of course if you got it right then you continue on as per rules.   it's not about about fair.  everyone had the same rules... some just happened to put Cut Short on the first question they got wrong... very lucky :P

Edit - u didn't have to answer every question.. that was up to you in the first place remember ? ;) i chose to answer all questions and lost big time (all for one f*cking question too ... damn you Jared er i mean star wars and damn me too)

• Like 2