Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, 75live said:

wow, I own at least 3 in many different formats :P 

I have very little in my collection. And I'm just ambivalent towards his movies, I don't really care enough to see Terminator or Aliens a second time. (Or a first for any other film he's made)

Just now, RandomJC said:

I have very little in my collection. And I'm just ambivalent towards his movies, I don't really care enough to see Terminator or Aliens a second time. (Or a first for any other film he's made)

I can understand that.  I have T1, T2, and Titanic in my collection.  I like most of his movies, but those are the only ones I own right now.

1 minute ago, 75live said:

I can understand that.  I have T1, T2, and Titanic in my collection.  I like most of his movies, but those are the only ones I own right now.

T1 and 2 are good movies, but not anywhere close to favorites are movies I'd re-watch. Honestly, the only director I'm anywhere near loyal to is Hitchcock, I don't think I've ever seen a film I haven't enjoyed. Plenty I haven't seen, so sure one exists.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

T1 and 2 are good movies, but not anywhere close to favorites are movies I'd re-watch. Honestly, the only director I'm anywhere near loyal to is Hitchcock, I don't think I've ever seen a film I haven't enjoyed. Plenty I haven't seen, so sure one exists.

well I'm a huge Hitchcock fan myself so I get exactly what you mean :) 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

That is an auto-like for you.

woo hoo, I'll have to remember that for future use :P

but yeah I even got the Hitchcock essential blu ray collection when it first came out.  It's a good set of 5 of hims films so it really worked for me :)   Plus i love the features

• Like 2

Just now, 75live said:

woo hoo, I'll have to remember that for future use :P

but yeah I even got the Hitchcock essential blu ray collection when it first came out.  It's a good set of 5 of hims films so it really worked for me :)   Plus i love the features

The two big sets I have is the masterpiece collection, which I got for Christmas a few years ago, and this other set that was just random lesser known films.  One of my favorite features is the commentary for Rear Window, listened to it multiple times.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

The two big sets I have is the masterpiece collection, which I got for Christmas a few years ago, and this other set that was just random lesser known films.  One of my favorite features is the commentary for Rear Window, listened to it multiple times.

yeah that masterpiece collection looks great but I couldn't afford it then and I got my 5 movie collection as a gift so I was happy enough :P 

and yeah I hear you about the commentary for Rear window

1 minute ago, 75live said:

yeah that masterpiece collection looks great but I couldn't afford it then and I got my 5 movie collection as a gift so I was happy enough :P 

and yeah I hear you about the commentary for Rear window

It really helps that Rear Window is, in my opinion, one of the best movies ever made. But it also has Jimmy Stewart, Grace Kelly, and Raymond Burr, so I'm incredibly biased.

• Like 2

Just now, RandomJC said:

It really helps that Rear Window is, in my opinion, one of the best movies ever made. But it also has Jimmy Stewart, Grace Kelly, and Raymond Burr, so I'm incredibly biased.

I won't argue because it is great :)   It's one of the 5 in my box set which has that, The Birds (which I love), Psycho (easily in the top 10 of all time movies for me), Vertigo and North by Northwest.  So even just that small set has incredible movies

• Like 1

Just now, 75live said:

I won't argue because it is great :)   It's one of the 5 in my box set which has that, The Birds (which I love), Psycho (easily in the top 10 of all time movies for me), Vertigo and North by Northwest.  So even just that small set has incredible movies

Classics. If you can, if you like Hitchcock's style of black humor, watch The Trouble with Harry.

• Like 1

Just now, RandomJC said:

Classics. If you can, if you like Hitchcock's style of black humor, watch The Trouble with Harry.

I do love his humor and I know i've seen that movie, but it's been such a very long time so it will be like watching it for the first time again :P 

• Like 1

Just now, 75live said:

I do love his humor and I know i've seen that movie, but it's been such a very long time so it will be like watching it for the first time again :P 

If I keep this up, I'll just end up with listing a bunch of movies to watch. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Just now, RandomJC said:

If I keep this up, I'll just end up with listing a bunch of movies to watch. :ph34r:

yep :P

too bad a director can't be a franchise or else I would have Hitchcock movies on this list too :P 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

this guy probably has marvel posters and figures in his room!

Also, no. I'm married.

We are house shopping and I may get a man cave, if we have enough space, but...no, not in bedroom, living room or anywhere in the house do I have any comic poster hanging, or action figures displayed. 

Try another passive aggressive insult though. I'm amused. 

The most humoring thing about the insult attempt is @ironjimbo has posted his own Avatar/Cameron "shrine"!! LOL!!

Edited by Captain Craig