Neo

Snowpiercer | Now in Theaters and VOD

I have heard nothing about this and I'm a movie buff

The director of this movie is the Korean one who directed The Host, Memories of Murder, Mother. Have you watched any of those? I would recommend them  :)

The Host is great  :wub: Snowpiercer has the main actor and that little girl (now grown up) actress of The Host in it. I'm really looking to the movie, the premise sounds awesome.

Disconcerting news from Cannes: TWC showed a "sizzle reel" (short previews) of their slate for this year, and Snowpiercer wasn't even mentioned. It's a good bet this is being held back for 2014, which would be unsurprising given past examples like Hero, This Must Be the Place, Undefeated, Princess Mononoke, Butter, Fanboys, The Yards, Everybody's Famous, and sundry other films that had to wait at least a year for Miramax/TWC to finally given them a U.S. release. There will probably be foreign DVD/Blu-rays available by the time this hits U.S. theaters.

Disconcerting news from Cannes: TWC showed a "sizzle reel" (short previews) of their slate for this year, and Snowpiercer wasn't even mentioned. It's a good bet this is being held back for 2014, which would be unsurprising given past examples like Hero, This Must Be the Place, Undefeated, Princess Mononoke, Butter, Fanboys, The Yards, Everybody's Famous, and sundry other films that had to wait at least a year for Miramax/TWC to finally given them a U.S. release. There will probably be foreign DVD/Blu-rays available by the time this hits U.S. theaters.

BOOOO!!!!  :(

I really really hope that is not the case. Why can't this get a release date, damn it  :angry:

I was wondering how the hell they could still plan on giving it a summer release when we haven't even got a trailer.

This was never going to be a summer release in the U.S. Yeah, Deadline's "sources" said it was, but a summer release in the U.S. would require something close to day-and-date with the South Korean release and that was never in the cards. (In fact the film still doesn't have a locked date for South Korea, though this isn't abnormal--only a tiny handful of post-June releases have already set dates).

Edit: Of course it could still be a summer release in the U.S., if by "summer" you mean "summer 2014."

Edited by Bob Violence