baumer

Star Wars Tuesday - 37.3M (Tele/baumer bet for Wednesday drop is on page 24...much to learn one of them still has)

I don't think the Avengers shot is iconic either. Just because a shot has a lot of memes doesn't mean it's going to stand the test of time, which what "iconic" really is. You can't throw that term out so freely. Star Wars is iconic. The original Jurassic Park is iconic. Raiders. Forrest Gump. Titanic. A movie that came out six months ago certainly doesn't deserve that label.

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

That is your opinion, the thing is  TA had a whole universe it elevated into peoples mind so that makes it different from JW.

JW did not really set up a sequel really. 

Well they tried to set up the laughably stupid idea of weaponizing dinosaurs.  That entire plot point of the movie was unfathomably stupid to the point it almost ruined that entire movie for me.

Just now, RichWS said:

I don't think the Avengers shot is iconic either. Just because a shot has a lot of memes doesn't mean it's going to stand the test of time, which what "iconic" really is. You can't throw that term out so freely. Star Wars is iconic. The original Jurassic Park is iconic. Raiders. Forrest Gump. Titanic. A movie that came out six months ago certainly doesn't deserve that label.

Perhaps not, but often we can figure out what will stand the test of time in terms of memorable shots or scenes. I can't see those scenes in TA or JW not becoming iconic of the blockbusters of this era. 

• Like 1

Just now, RichWS said:

You can call them "famous" shot, but iconic? Naaaaah.

The heroes circle shot and Hulk punching Thor happened 3 years ago. I would say they are iconic. And so will these scenes from JW still be remembered in 3 years. 

Saw JW 6X in theater...loved it and many others did too.

Avatar was very good, but not as good as other Cameron films imo

TFA might one day be ranked higher than Empire in my eyes.

It's fine if people don't like certain movies and express those opinions.  Doesn't mean they are trolling...HOWEVER...to come in here and say that SW isn't really good it's just all hype, well, that's borderline idiocy.  SW has been around for 40 years, the love is real and the box office is proving it.

• Like 6

Just now, Baumer Fett said:

SDaw JW 6X in theater...loved it and many others did too.

It's fine if people don't like certain movies and express those opinions.  Doesn't mean they are trolling...HOWEVER...to come in here and say that SW isn't really good it's just all hype, well, that's borderline idiocy.  SW has been around for 40 years, the love is real and the box office is proving it.

It is trolling when literally every single one of your posts is ripping a movie. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

Saw JW 6X in theater...loved it and many others did too.

The same also goes for all the people though who will sit there and tell you today that Avatar's run was all hype. You can't get a 10x multi in this century without a lot of people loving it when they first saw it at least. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Perhaps not, but often we can figure out what will stand the test of time in terms of memorable shots or scenes. I can't see those scenes in TA or JW not becoming iconic of the blockbusters of this era. 

We are talking about the two biggest hits of this decade. They will be remembered forever and those scenes will be legendary in 20 years (Avengers heroes circle shot, Pratt with the hands raised taming the raptors, the scene with the motorbycle and the raptors and even maybe the water dinosaur jumping to eat the shark near the beginning or the Hulk punching Thor scene (I do have my doubts about these 2 in the long run, tho)). 

SW7 also has a few iconic moments. I can't discuss them here.

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

This is Iconic 1430702273617

This is not bHL5cVl.gif?noredirect

Oh, it will be, don't worry (IMO, it already is). Same level as the Heroes shot in Avengers. Same level. Mark my words. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Dat Avengers 360 shot was so iconic & memorable it was everywhere in the marketing campaign.

You couldn't escape it. 

It put butts in seats and gave the film its ow & overall box office success.

:)

You could say the same thing about the two scenes I am talking about of JW.