Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

Maybe if it didn't have an $8 million budget and wasn't picked up by a major distributor

This was never gonna do very well. I actually just checked and it is probably gonna end with 2.5M. That is mind blowing to me.

The Lionsgate curse continues. They can't open a movie above 10M not named Hunger Games or Divergent.

Btw, Divergent is being released almost everywhere on the March 11 weekend OS. 

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The Lionsgate curse continues. They can't open a movie above 10M not named Hunger Games or Divergent.

I foresee NYSM 2 being a big hit for them this year but nothing else being that successful

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I foresee NYSM 2 being a big hit for them this year but nothing else being that successful

I foresee a decrease from the first one since their marketing team is absolutely terrible. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

We'll see. I see potential for a big increase.

The release schedule is insane. June 3 has TMNT2 and the Lonely Island comedy, June 9 has Warcraft, NYSM2 and The Conjuring 2, June 17 has Central Intelligence and Finding Dory, and June 24 has Independence Day 2. Lmao, the lack of legs and TC drops are gonna be epic, it is June 2013 all over again.

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Why are you enjoying it? I thought you was stanning for it 

Of course. This seems a bit weird, but I bet there are a few people who can relate. 

First: even if the 5th Wave made say 14M opening weekend, it never would have gotten a sequel anyways. There would have been no way it would make enough money. 

Second: Now that I'm not cheering for it to get a sequel, all I can hope for is to enjoy the movie itself.

Third: If I had to choose between a movie doing "meh" numbers or downright flopping, I'd choose flopping. I've sat through too many "meh" weekends that it's started to get a bit boring. Would I have preferred a different movie to flop? Maybe, but it makes this weekend a little less dull at the box office.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Ummm...  Honestly I feel they're pretty equal. 

My dad is pretty excited for it, and we were supposed to go tomorrow matinee (it's not playing at my theatre, but it is playing 45 minutes away) but he's staying the night in Vancouver tonight, so he won't be back in time. I may have to wait until Monday or Wednesday night :(

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Of course. This seems a bit weird, but I bet there are a few people who can relate. 

First: even if the 5th Wave made say 14M opening weekend, it never would have gotten a sequel anyways. There would have been no way it would make enough money. 

Second: Now that I'm not cheering for it to get a sequel, all I can hope for is to enjoy the movie itself.

Third: If I had to choose between a movie doing "meh" numbers or downright flopping, I'd choose flopping. I've sat through too many "meh" weekends that it's started to get a bit boring. Would I have preferred a different movie to flop? Maybe, but it makes this weekend a little less dull at the box office.

You're crazy, LMFAO 

But ok, I'm enjoying this flop too 

• Like 1