Grade It:  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Pretty damn funny. Really enjoyed Zac Efron and Robert De Niro together. They seemed like they were having a lot of fun and they were being quite funny together. The humor works and overall probably so far one of the movies I have really enjoyed that have came out in 2016 so far and ignores the January shit curse. Dirty Grandpa is overall a very fun funny movie definitely one I will check out and watch again on DVD. Grade:B+

• Like 1

Dirty Grandpa has a concept that could be funny on paper, but it ends up just being a film that tries so hard to offend you with cruel jokes about "outrageous things" that you just raise your eyebrows and go, "really."  It has no believable basis, and you might expect it, but even The SpongeBob Movie is grounded better in reality than this  "movie"?  

Can it even be called a movie?  It honestly felt like a poor SNL sketch that just went on way to long.  Sure, there's some funny parts, there's some parts that will make you laugh.  But the jokes don't land enough to make it worth it, and the most (to all) of the jokes I wouldn't even call jokes because there's no thought in them.  It's al your standard dick, poop, sex, fart, and drug/party jokes.  Sure, those jokes can be done well, movies like This is The End proved it, but this is not the case.

Highlight of the Movie? Efron, De Niro, and Plaza do the best they can with what they're given (plus, Plaza is hot.)

Low point of the movie? Efron, De Niro, and Plaza wasted their time.  Plus, that Plaza/De Niro sex scene mentally scars you, and you no longer look at Plaza as really hot, you just see her as that girl who had sex with De Niro and quickly want that image out of your memory.

Other than those three characters, the rest are particularly annoying, and there's a few that the film just can't help but keep focusing on.  

Overall

Within the movie there is a running joke about De Niro putting his thumb up Zac Efron's ass.  That's exactly what this film ends up feeling like when you watch it.  

D-

A pretty funny movie that takes a few too many risks.  A lot of them pay off and some don't.  Seeing DeNiro rip it up and cut loose is very entertaining.  I can imagine the out takes for this film, my God, the amount of laughter that must have been on set when they were saying some of their lines.  

DeNiro and Effron make a good team and because the actors are allowed to go all in, the film is very funny in many parts.  I have to give special props to Aubrey Plaza, who gets off some of the most raunchy and hilarious lines in the film or any film.  She is one of the reasons the film was as good as it is.

8/10