Ezen Baklattan

The 4th Annual BOX OFFICE THEORY Awards: Official Ceremony

BOFFY IV  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will win Best Picture?

• The Big Short
    • Bridge of Spies
    • Creed
    • Ex Machina
    • Inside Out
    • Mad Max: Fury Road
    • The Martian
    • Room
    • Spotlight
    • Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  2. 2. How angry will CJohn be with these awards?

• Absolutely
    • Extremely
    • Intensely
    • Profusely
    • Quite a lot

And now, shit begins to get real. The nominees for best Supporting Actress are...

Jennifer Jason Leigh

THE HATEFUL EIGHT

Rachel McAdams

SPOTLIGHT

Tessa Thompson

CREED

Alicia Vikander

EX MACHINA

Kate Winslet

STEVE JOBS

And The Boffy goes to...

Now watch as she goes on to win the Oscar....for a completely different film.

• Like 8

To match it all up, the nominees for Best Supporting Actor are...

Benicio Del Toro

SICARIO

Walton Goggins

THE HATEFUL EIGHT

Oscar Isaac

EX MACHINA

Mark Rylance

BRIDGE OF SPIES

Sylvester Stallone

CREED

And the Boffy goes to...

STALLOSCAR LIVES

• Like 9

Our 6th tribute, and already Boffy winner is....

ROOM

room_movie.jpg

room-film-sept15.jpg

“One of the surest signs that you’ve seen something truly amazing, truly transcendent, is when you leave the theater having experienced all emotions under the sun, ready to open your mind and wonder to the world around you. You enter a world where evil can truly be conquered, where love can fight on, where things can get better, even when it may be truly terrifying at times. ROOM, I’m pleased to share, is one of these truly transcendental features. One that will change your world and completely rock your emotions.”

The story enough seems simple; a woman is imprisoned for 7 years, giving birth to a child from her captor, as she longs for freedom. To help her child, she convinces him that this room they live in is truly the full extent of the world, but as freedom draws closer and closer, the illusions shatter, and the two risk everything to make one break at freedom. Normally, a film like this would end upon their release, but Room strives for something far different, as this heartfelt escape is only the beginning of Joy and Jack’s new stories.

Yet, as these struggles continue to push the two, even with the real world at their disposal, the one constant for them is their deep, unconditional love for one another, and the hope with that each one at the other’s side, life can truly be lived, and the world can seem just the slightest bit brighter. Through it’s vast approach to storytelling, juxtaposing Jack’s youthful vision of joy and wonder, vs. her mother’s sobering awareness of how dark the world gets, Room presents a profound, stunning story with grace, wonder, and true movie magic.”

-Spaghetti

“'Room' is a Drama that focuses on the relationship between a mother and her 5 year old boy as they are trapped within the walls of a single room with no signs of ever getting out. If there is one film this year where the term “incredible” fits, this is it. It was intense, emotional, had a beautiful, unpredictable and gripping story, fantastically written characters backed up by even more incredible performances, and was directed and shot amazingly. It's the kind of film that brings you through an an emotional gauntlet.  You feel everything from sadness to anger, joy to heartbreak and despair to hope. There's a very interesting and unique relationship between Jack and his Mum, and you get to understand these very fleshed out characters and learn a lot about them. I was completely immersed in their story and their plight.

This is a film that will make you feel things that you didn't think were possible before.  The film is very apropos and very timely.  We've had a few stories of similar beats in the last few years.  Perhaps if we hadn't, the film wouldn't be as credible.  What I mean by that is that it's almost too unbelievable a story to take seriously.  And then you read the news and realize that this is very real.

Going into this film without seeing the trailer made this film infinitely more enjoyable and surprising. There were sequences that made me feel ways that no other film ever has. To put it simply, the first half of this film ruined me.  It left me drowning in a puddle of my own tears and as I texted Tele and expressed my feelings as they were happening, all he had to say was, “I know how you feel.”  It has that kind of profound effect on you.

The performances from both Brie Larson and Jacob Tremblay were absolutely phenomenal. They delivered every line and gave off every emotion so perfectly that it sucks you into the film and it makes everything incredibly grounded, realistic, and personal. Brie Larson was outstanding. She made you understand how damaged she was.  She is going to win best actress this year and she is deserving of the honour.  But even more surprising was the astounding performance by Jacob Tremblay.  There has been some terrific performances from young kids in film, but none better than this one.  I don't know how he got the emotional understanding of the character.  Everything he says is pitch perfect, every time he moves or cries or blinks, he is sucking you into his world.  There are some absolutely terrific male performances this year, but none better than his. 

Room is unlike any film I've seen.  It's absolutely one of the best films of the year and if you don't have strong emotions when watching it, perhaps movies just aren't for you.  This is one of the greats of 2015.”

-Baumer

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

To match it all up, the nominees for Best Supporting Actor are...

Benicio Del Toro

SICARIO

Walton Goggins

THE HATEFUL EIGHT

Oscar Isaac

EX MACHINA

Mark Rylance

BRIDGE OF SPIES

Sylvester Stallone

CREED

And the Boffy goes to...

Hidden Content

SHOCKER <_<

Show us a hero! The nominees for Best Hero are....

Mark Watney

Portrayed by Matt Damon

THE MARTIAN

Imperator Furiosa

Portrayed by Charlize Theron

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD

James Donovan

Portrayed by Tom Hanks

BRIDGE OF SPIES

Rey

Portrayed by Daisy Ridely

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Adonis Creed

Portrayed by Michael B. Jordan

CREED

And the Boffy goes to....

1914852_1149052448440091_889281595616682
  • Like 6

Who must these righteous heroes face? Why, the nominees for Best Villian!

Rayna Boyanov

Portrayed by Rose Byrne

SPY

Immortan Joe

Portrayed by Hugh Keays-Byrne

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD

John Fitzgerald

Portrayed by Tom Hardy

THE REVENANT

Kylo Ren

Portrayed by Adam Driver

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS