CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

3 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I just know this much: The Preview number for this is going to absolute shit and anyone who says otherwise is just trying to be fair and balanced like FOX News.. Here.. It's 8:30PM Central and only 1 SOLD OUT show for this movie..

Yep, your single theater is 100% representative of every metropolitan area in North America.

It's true.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

For something supposedly this big, this well known, Yes, this 1 theatre is a pretty major theatre here in St.Louis and when this is only selling out 2 IMAX Shows for the Previews, this bodes disasterous results tomorrow morning...

Death and murder on the streets. I have my knife ready. I will caught a plane and go to Brazil to go all Taken on iJack, and soon follow to America to find you all :P 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Are you suggesting that CBMs aren't mindless fun? Because I assure you, for anyone who's not seriously invested in whatever franchise we're talking about, that's exactly what they are.

I'm suggesting that I have seen the film and it isn't mindless fun. It's unintentionally bad fun, and it's... you'll get it when you see it. It just isn't a crowd pleaser that invites repeated viewings. CJohn will probably get what I mean since he saw it. I completely get what you mean, I just have huge problems to see this as a crowd pleaser enough to justify an $1b run. I'm banking it will struggle to get around $900m and might not even go there. This is only my actual prediction, of course.

Just now, filmlover said:

I'm thinking about staying out of this section of the forum this weekend. Completely. For my sanity.

My sanity is already gone. I probably won't survive this weekend :lol: 

3 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

For something supposedly this big, this well known, Yes, this 1 theatre is a pretty major theatre here in St.Louis and when this is only selling out 2 IMAX Shows for the Previews, this bodes disasterous results tomorrow morning...

What would you call disastrous? Because it's outperforming ULTRON here in LA.

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

I was talking CBMs in general, not this movie in particular.

Do you include MoS in the list of mindless fun? If you do, you will think this one is mindless fun as well. 

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

but its not there though but it may be beating SW7 in random place X.

Who knows lol 

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I imagine a preview number below $20M would have Warner Bros. executives jumping off the roof of the Burbank studio. lol.

Pretty sure anything under 25M will provoke that. 

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I guess the Internetz are slow on the west coast and the Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic pages are slow to load.

2 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

This will be CJohn tomorrow when the Preview numbers come in and this sucks:Mad-Max.gif

I am prepared for the worst :lol: 

Just now, The Futurist said:

I guess the Internetz are slow on the west coast and the Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic pages are slow to load.

Your annoyance is unreal. 

This should hit at least 20M. I wouldn't be surprised by a 18-19M.

It doesn't have to beat Ultron especially since no one expect this to pass 180M.

• Like 1