CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I don't wanna be that asshole, but while The Hunger Games did create the possibility for a movie to open on par w/mega Summer tentpoles in March, it did not uncover that month as one w/big blockbuster potential. Alice In Wonderland did, back in 2010.

That was just 3d kicking that up a notch. 

54 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

That was just 3d kicking that up a notch. 

I know. But whatever you wanna paint it as, it doesn't matter, cause it proved that March could have a 100M+ opener in any form. THG kicked it up a notch, but Alice laid the foundations.

14 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

For those who liked the film:

Don't be cynical about it, just watch it if you have 17 min to spare, really emotional review.

Excellent review.  Very well thought out. Only one real spoiler in the video (which he warns about), but that part is critical to the point he's making. But this review is definitely for people who have already seen the movie. Even some people who didn't like the movie (cough, critics, cough) could benefit from watching the video, although most people probably won't change their mind about the movie.  i will say that with even 100 viewings of the movie, i probably would have never come up with that profound interpretation on my own, at least not the way that he did.  But thinking back on the movie, his interpretation makes perfect sense.

As an aside, i wish i hadn't paid any attention to, or more specifically cared at all about the critic reviews. There was no need for me to go into the movie with low expectations.  And i ended up watching the movie with a more critical point of view. For example, in a handful of scenes, i was thinking in the back of my mind, oh this is where some people might have problems with the movie. i generally never watch movies that way,and it led to a less enjoyable experience than it should have.  In other words, screw the worthless critics.  i suggest that if you have a great interest in a movie, just watch it.  it is just a movie and it shouldn't really change your life either way.  It might sound hypocritical when i just propped the above review, but i would say that reviews should only be paid more attention after you see a movie for different and sometimes also interesting point of views.

• Like 2

After spending so long on this board and fighting, starting fights, fending off attempted fights, etc., I have accepted that these "battles" are pointless. Yes, I would've loved if BvS had opened to a 98 % RT score and 238 million OW, but it did not. I am still ecstatic about the film having been made, and I loved every single minute of it. To ME, itis a masterpiece, and that's the only opinion that matters TO ME.

Just remember that people tend to get amotionally attached to literary characters that they love, and fanboys/fangirls in particular get incredibly passionate about their superheroes. Of course we are going to take it personally when we feel that our favorites are "attacked." Then we "retaliate" by attacking the faves of those who "attacked" first.

It's just silly.

Not doing this anymore.

I love Marvel and DC, and I have always said it, I thank THE AVENGERS for setting the stage for the DCEU to be considered a feasible fnancial endeavor to attempt.

From now on, I hope that the DCEU films thrive, and I hope that they entertain me to no end.

And yes, I hope that they keep being made, remade, rebooted, etc, especially if Wonder Woman is part of it.

Anyway...what was this rant about?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lobo007 said:

Excellent review.  Very well thought out. Only one real spoiler in the video (which he warns about), but that part is critical to the point he's making. But this review is definitely for people who have already seen the movie. Even some people who didn't like the movie (cough, critics, cough) could benefit from watching the video, although most people probably won't change their mind about the movie.  i will say that with even 100 viewings of the movie, i probably would have never come up with that profound interpretation on my own, at least not the way that he did.  But thinking back on the movie, his interpretation makes perfect sense.

As an aside, i wish i hadn't paid any attention to, or more specifically cared at all about the critic reviews. There was no need for me to go into the movie with low expectations.  And i ended up watching the movie with a more critical point of view. For example, in a handful of scenes, i was thinking in the back of my mind, oh this is where some people might have problems with the movie. i generally never watch movies that way,and it led to a less enjoyable experience than it should have.  In other words, screw the worthless critics.  i suggest that if you have a great interest in a movie, just watch it.  it is just a movie and it shouldn't really change your life either way.  It might sound hypocritical when i just propped the above review, but i would say that reviews should only be paid more attention after you see a movie for different and sometimes also interesting point of views.

It says above the video that it is for those who like the film. But really, it should also be seen by those who think they don't because that seems hip.....Or whatever.

The professional critics have missed so badly it just is surreal. 

PS- thanks for reposting this. The other posting disappeared. Weird.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SWXII said:

It says above the video that it is for those who like the film. But really, it should also be seen by those who think they don't because that seems hip.....Or whatever.

The professional critics have missed so badly it just is surreal. 

PS- thanks for reposting this. The other posting disappeared. Weird.

You sound like a zealot trying to recruit people into your cult saying they're following the wrong path. :lol:

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

You sound like a zealot trying to recruit people into your cult saying they're following the wrong path. :lol:

Not surprised you took it this way at all.

Just a movie fan who loves a great movie. And they are so rare I get giddy when I find one.

People have no idea how silly they look when they complain about critics.

I say that as someone who considers ththe universally panned The Lone Ranger his favorite film of 2013.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

Huge OW in Israel:

1,076,566$

Far far ahead of:

Deadpool - 662,925

The Avengers - 750,051

Avengers AoU - 762,657

SWTFA - 1,069,016

But falling behind F7 - 1,273,376

I still need to check if it's the best OW of all times for a CB movie

• Like 2

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Well this thread was fun. Had its ups and downs (mostly downs in my opinion). But I guess it's time to say goodbye soon. I guess the next uber-crowded weekend thread will be CW?

The biggest sequel of the year, duh. Barbershop: The Next Cut.

Also that's the weekend Jungle Book comes out.

• Like 1