Dementeleus

ROGUE ONE WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals R1 155.09m, Moana 12.7m, OCP 8.58m, CB 7.1m, FB 5.07m

4 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

I can tell you this, La La Land is going to be a fucking monster.  Killing it and will keep doing it when Passengers bombs.  

Hopefully Lionsgate fucking moves it back to Christmas then. I feel like it missing the holidays is gonna severely hurt its final gross

• Like 1

btw, regarding R1, Mrs Tele is in Baumer's camp. She's a casual SW fan at best, and didn't really connect much with R1. She said she could sort of appreciate it on an intellectual level -- what it was doing -- and she could see how it could be fun for more diehard fans, but she didn't really care much.

• Like 2

But enough of all this crying. It’s time to get happy, so how’s La La Land doing? Damien Chazelle’s rebirth of the Hollywood musical has exploded into the top 10, landing in 7th place with an estimated $3.9M weekend and it’s only at 200 theaters! Theater average is a whopping near $20K which will bring its 10-day cume by Sunday to $5M.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Saw the movie tonight. FYI for those curious the trailers I got were Logan, Kong: Skull Island, Power Rangers, The Fate of the Furious, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Cars 3 (priceless reaction from the rowdy youngsters in the crowd), Transformers #Whatever, and Valerian & the City of a Thousand Planets.

Half my theater laughed hysterically at the end of the Cars 3 trailer. Only thing that got a bigger reaction was the last joke in Guardians trailer

Paramount’s Fences is doing OK with a near $28K theater average for the weekend and $108K over three-days at four locations. I think with its two Golden Globe acting noms for Viola Davis and Denzel Washington along with another three at the SAGs including best ensemble, the consensus was that it would fare better. After all, it’s a major studio movie, and we keep remembering the $100K opening theater average that A24’s emotional Moonlight posted back in October. Nonetheless, it’s still early for Fences. It goes wide on Christmas and the expectation is that it will log $9M in its first two days.

Just now, La Binoche said:

Paramount’s Fences is doing OK with a near $28K theater average for the weekend and $108K over three-days at four locations. I think with its two Golden Globe acting noms for Viola Davis and Denzel Washington along with another three at the SAGs including best ensemble, the consensus was that it would fare better. After all, it’s a major studio movie, and we keep remembering the $100K opening theater average that A24’s emotional Moonlight posted back in October. Nonetheless, it’s still early for Fences. It goes wide on Christmas and the expectation is that it will log $9M in its first two days.

I think FENCES is gonna find itself mostly lost in the mix, caught between trendier, hotter Oscar-buzzier platform releases and huge tentpoles stealing all the screens.

6 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

But enough of all this crying. It’s time to get happy, so how’s La La Land doing? Damien Chazelle’s rebirth of the Hollywood musical has exploded into the top 10, landing in 7th place with an estimated $3.9M weekend and it’s only at 200 theaters! Theater average is a whopping near $20K which will bring its 10-day cume by Sunday to $5M.

NOT GETTING A WIDE RELEASE UNTIL JANUARY 6

#FuckLionsgate

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

I think FENCES is gonna find itself mostly lost in the mix, caught between trendier, hotter Oscar-buzzier platform releases and huge tentpoles stealing all the screens.

It's really talky and boring (at least the first 20 minutes, after which I stopped watching). 

4 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

WTF is this BOSS BABY crap, anyway? That trailer felt like it was two hours long.

better than sing

BOSS BABY looked so fucking stupid that I oddly thought it was a decent trailer? Like I remember it more than SING, THE MUMMY, SPIDER-MAN, and DUNKIRK

• Like 1