Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: Split: $26.2m (Amazing drop!!!) | ADP: $18.3m | RE: $13.8m | HF: $14m | Gold $3.4m

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

You could co-finance a 130 m movie.

M. Night could've invested 10%..

He could, but if he doesn't have to, why bother? Might as well blow off money that someone else is giving to you...

46 minutes ago, cubsfan said:

Yeah, he self financed The Visit also.  Basically said he wanted complete control of his movies now.  He'll probably do the same for his next and so on.  It's paid off big time for him.  Kudos

Very smart move. He'll have financial and critical success that way

17 minutes ago, franfar said:

He could, but if he doesn't have to, why bother? Might as well blow off money that someone else is giving to you...

I would gladly invest in the budget for The Force Awakens or Avatar if it means I'll get a greater share of the profits.

50 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So M. Night makes sure his films are profitable when he's the one footing the bill.

But when it's the studio's money it's flop city. :rofl:

Well the reason why he's self financing his movies is to avoid the studio and their control.   So now he's past two movies have been good and profitable when he has complete control.   Go figure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cubsfan said:

Well the reason why he's self financing his movies is to avoid the studio and their control.   So now he's past two movies have been good and profitable when he has complete control.   Go figure.

Yeah, maybe the director's cut of Last Airbender and After Earth are blockbuster masterpieces. :jeb!:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is what happens when a director who's been in a dry spell makes an amazing film.

Lol at "amazing" film.  Arent you the same genius that hates Rogue One?  A far far superior film.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

The very end was so unnecessary. But the movie was stupidly enjoyable. Then again, I thought the concept was very dumb from the trailer. McAvoy and Taylor-Joy were both very good. And it was well directed.

I'm loving to see Taylor-Joy becoming a big thing, such a great actress, her performance in The Witch was one of my fave of 2016, she also was the best part in Morgan.

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The world building of the movie is great :

weapons & armors espcially, courtesy of Weta Workshop.

I had fun with The Great Wall, it s a decent time at the movies.

The Great Wall looks so epic as a God Bay movie, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to love it so much as you! 

The Village, Lady in the Water and After Earth were just boring.  The Happening was unintentionally hilarious.  But the Last Airbender is a completely unwatchable movie.  It hits unfathomable levels of bad

• Like 1