Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: Split: $26.2m (Amazing drop!!!) | ADP: $18.3m | RE: $13.8m | HF: $14m | Gold $3.4m

Yeh that's crap for Resident Evil. I don't think it'll reach $30m with that number. It's the end whether they intended it to be or not! 

Incredible for Hidden Figures, despite losing some locations. 

Fantastic for Split. Good for La La Land. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

With the fucked up hair? Youre joking right? Lol Milla is WAY hotter in Resident Evil, or anything else actually.

I went last night and I have never seen anything so pathetic from an interest point of view. Loved the movie, by the way, I love all 6 movies. Great franchise. But there were 4 people at the 9:40 IMAX. Four! That includes me. I've literally never witnessed anything so pathetic. TFA pulled 8-20 people per screening even in week 7 of IMAX and even at 10 pm showings on a Wednesday. This was fucking preview night and there were 4 people there! I mean what in the hell?! I'm shocked it made anything last night lol.

I can't get over the game fans and their silliness. This might be the only time ever where the movies are better. I think the video game franchise is unbelievably shitty. Chalk it up to not my type of gaming. I used Resident Evil 5 as a coaster it was so goddamn awful. My friend and I still joke about it. You don't start someone off with 4 bullets against 76 zombies it's just idiotic. I much prefer true shooters with sufficient ammo and not just a die instantly affair. We didn't make it out of the first 5 minutes and we both routinely beat games on Insane or at least hardcore difficulties. The game just blew and so do the rest I've played. The movies are way better!

Hum... did you ever play the original 2 games? The most fine survival horror games ever made. The only one I'd put up there in their range is Silent Hill 2.

Never played RE4 and I've also heard great things about that one. RE5 I did play, and it was shitty, so it's not a good example of the franchise. The movies are unbelievably stupid compared to those original games and almost have nothing to do w/them anyway, besides the existance of zombies and Umbrella Corps.

Anyway, Split w/a great hold, RE w/a shit OW, ADP decent enough I guess, and I had no idea Manchester By The Sea had grossed 40M. That's INSANE for the type of movie it is.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

Even if RE crashes and only makes 1 million for its entire domestic performance, the movie is doing good overseas.

I doubt anybody is sad about it. You guys just should enjoy the fact that we got 6 movies. It's impressive, no matter what.

I'm really happy with the movie and I quite liked it. :)

• Like 2

Yeah Resident Evil was never really a massive producer in North America, and always did a good portion of his business outside of here. So it doesn't really matter if it makes two million here or 30 million. It probably still has a good chance of making around 200 worldwide. Maybe even more.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

http://deadline.com/2017/01/dogs-purpose-split-resident-evil-gold-box-office-1201895463/

1.) Split (UNI/Blumhouse) 3,199 theaters (+161)  /$7.5M Fri (-49%) /3-day: $24.8M (-38%)/Total: $76.5M/Wk 2

2.) A Dog’s Purpose(UNI/Amblin/Walden) 3,059 theaters   /$5M Fri /3-day: $17.8M-$18.2m/Wk 1

3.) Hidden Figures (Fox) 3,351 theaters (-65)/$3.7M Fri (-14%)  /3-day: $13.8M(-12%)/Total: $103.8M/Wk 6<

4.) Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (SONY) 3,104 theaters  /$4.85M Fri /3-day: $11.9m-$12.6m/Wk 1

5.) La La Land (Lionsgate) 3,136 (+1,271) /$3.2M Fri (+32%)/3-day:$10.6M-$11.5m (+36%)/Total:$105.9M/ Wk 8

6.) xXx: The Return Xander Cage (PAR/REV) 3,651 theaters  /$2.1M Fri (-70%) /3-day: $7.1M (-65%)/Total: $32.3M/ Wk 2

7.) Sing (ILL/UNI), 2,702 theaters (-491) /$1.3M Fri.(-26%)  /3-day cume: $6.5M (-28%)/Total: $257.6M/Wk 6

8.) Rogue One  (DIS), 2,049 theaters  (-554)/$1.26M Fri. (-28%)/ 3-day cume: $5.4M (-25%)/Total: $520.3M/Wk 7

9.) Monster Trucks (PAR) 2,496 theaters (-623)/ $784K Fri. (-44%)/ 3-day: $4M (-43%)/ Total:$28.1M / Wk 3

10.) Gold (TWC) 2,166 theaters   /$1.1M-$1.2M Fri /3-day: $3.3M-$3.6M/Wk 1

4 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

http://deadline.com/2017/01/dogs-purpose-split-resident-evil-gold-box-office-1201895463/

Notables:

The Founder (TWC) 1,115 theaters  /$663K Fri (-34%) /3-day: $2.4M (-29%) /Total: $7.2M/Wk 2

Lion (TWC) 575 theaters  (0) /$578K Fri (+25%) /3-day: $2.2M (+27%)/Total: $19.6M/Wk 10

Manchester by the Sea (AMZ/RSA) 1,168 theaters  (+625) /$537K Fri (+120%) /3-day: $2.1M (+120%)/Total: $41.6M/Wk 11

Fences (Par) 880 theaters (+187)/$370 Fri (+10%)  /3-day: $1.3M (+13%)/Total: $50.8M/Wk 7

Moonlight (A24) 1,104 theaters  (+615) /$356K Fri (+120%) /3-day: $1.26M (+114%)/Total: $17.5M/Wk 15

Arrival (Par) 1,221 theaters (+1,041)/$367k Fri (+325%)  /3-day: $1.2M (+288%)/Total: $97.1M/Wk 12

Hacksaw Ridge (LG) 502 theaters (+377)/$102k Fri (+375%)  /3-day: $369k (+372%)/Total: $65.9M/Wk 13

The Salesman  (CMG), 3 theaters  /$20K Fri. /PTA: $21k/3-day:$62K / Wk 1

Good holds from Split, La La Land, Hidden Figures, Sing, Rogue One, The Founder, Monster Trucks, Lion, Manchester, Fences, Moonlight, Arrival, and Hacksaw Ridge.  Lmao @ xXx.

As for the newcomers, that's pretty damn good for ADP but not great for RE.  Gold is tanking as expected.

I never thought I would live in a world where a Resident Evil movie has a higher RT score and a higher metacritic score than both BVS and Suicide Squad.

Hell, this Final Chapter has a higher metacritic score than X-Men Apocalypse.

By the way, I'm not hating these movies, considering I liked all of them ( loved X-Men Apocalypse ), but this is still shocking in my view. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Hum... did you ever play the original 2 games? The most fine survival horror games ever made. The only one I'd put up there in their range is Silent Hill 2.

Never played RE4 and I've also heard great things about that one. RE5 I did play, and it was shitty, so it's not a good example of the franchise. The movies are unbelievably stupid compared to those original games and almost have nothing to do w/them anyway, besides the existance of zombies and Umbrella Corps.

Anyway, Split w/a great hold, RE w/a shit OW, ADP decent enough I guess, and I had no idea Manchester By The Sea had grossed 40M. That's INSANE for the type of movie it is.

Fix that. It's easily the best game imo.

It's also been ported to pretty much every system

Fantastic hold for Split. The Conjuring is going down with ease, and I still think Unbreakable adjusted is in play.

What the hell happened with Resident Evil?

Great increases for the Oscar films. Lion will easily do 6-8M when it expands next weekend, potentially even more.

LOL XXX :rofl: 

Rogue One is really going to beat TDK, isn't it? :depp: 

• Like 1

People shouldn't be worried about RE's domestic performance. Even if it opens lower than Underworld, it'll probably have better holds and perform much better overseas. Underworld completely crashed both domestic and overseas. This is the Final Chapter anyway, and it's impressive that we've got this far. 

Blood Wars has made 46 million overseas so far ( with only 2 new markets left )

Resident Evil has made 35 million in Japan ALONE.

Movie also seems to be making more than previous flicks overseas

Elsewhere, it’s matching or besting openings of the previous films in key territories; globally, it’s expected to be the biggest Hollywood title during the Lunar New Year holidays which begin tomorrow. Korea opened on Wednesday to $405K, 20% above any of the earlier titles in admissions terms. Indonesia was also strong with a $303K opening day at 53% over the previous high for the franchise and 40% higher than World War Z. Last weekend, Malaysia digested The Final Chapter with the biggest opening of the series at No. 1 with $1.2M.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/resident-evil-the-final-chapter-franchise-crossing-one-billion-dollars-global-box-office-1201895482/

• Like 1

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

People shouldn't be worried about RE's domestic performance. Even if it opens lower than Underworld, it'll probably have better holds and perform much better overseas. Underworld completely crashed both domestic and overseas. This is the Final Chapter anyway, and it's impressive that we've got this far. 

Blood Wars has made 46 million overseas so far ( with only 2 new markets left )

Resident Evil has made 35 million in Japan ALONE.

Movie also seems to be making more than previous flicks overseas

Elsewhere, it’s matching or besting openings of the previous films in key territories; globally, it’s expected to be the biggest Hollywood title during the Lunar New Year holidays which begin tomorrow. Korea opened on Wednesday to $405K, 20% above any of the earlier titles in admissions terms. Indonesia was also strong with a $303K opening day at 53% over the previous high for the franchise and 40% higher than World War Z. Last weekend, Malaysia digested The Final Chapter with the biggest opening of the series at No. 1 with $1.2M.

http://deadline.com/2017/01/resident-evil-the-final-chapter-franchise-crossing-one-billion-dollars-global-box-office-1201895482/

In SK, Indonesia & Malaysia it's opening during a the New Year Holiday period which the others didn't so it will likely be more front loaded.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

In SK, Indonesia & Malaysia it's opening during a the New Year Holiday period which the others didn't so it will likely be more front loaded.

We'll see. This is the Final Chapter, regardless. It's also opening in more markets this weekend.

So, let's see what happens. This is still the Final Chapter, so nothing can change that. Given the 40 million budget, I guess they'll get some profit.

• Like 1