efialtes76

Weekend Estimates

ERC and Boxoffice.com:

The Vow:$41,700,000

SAFE HOUSE's $39.3 mil is Denzel's 2nd best debut ever, averaging $12,610 per theatre.

WB's JOURNEY 2 surged to $12 mil on Saturday after just $6 mill on Friday, finishing #3 with $27.3 mil.

The force isn't as strong with this one: THE PHANTOM MENACE 3D finished #4 with $23 million.

Chronicle- $12,300,000

The Artist: 2.286 mill

http://www.ercboxoffice.com/

Edited by efialtes76

WTF indeed, I had it pegged as a flop and it seems to be doing great business. I have a feeling GR2 will also exceed my expectations by a wide margin.At least I can say I made those predictions before it became apparent that BO has rebounded.

Sometimes you just have to look at history to get a better understanding of why films do what they do. Just Go With It went up 40% on it's first Saturday.

The force isn't as strong with this one: THE PHANTOM MENACE 3D finished #4 with $23 million.

I think its a great number for TPM. If Lion King hadn't made 30 mill, then no one would say anything about this. Beauty and the Beast made 17 mill OW, so it's a fine number.