newbie BO buff

Indonesia Box Office 2023 - thanks for updating

On 11/16/2017 at 9:36 AM, newbie BO buff said:

Shall we pencil in a $5.0-5.5m OW to a $10-12m finish?

If the 8% more than Thor is right then I think your medium prediction is spot on. It won't reach to BvS OW and total, but maybe just below Spiderman: Homecoming's number.

On 11/16/2017 at 8:58 AM, catlover said:

Yeah, I'm starting to think it won't reach BvS number. As bad as that movie is, the hype before the release was huge. It's the first blockbuster of the year too. JL's hype is overshadowed by Thor, which had exciting trailers and excellent marketing, also turned out to be a great movie. That's too bad, because it looks like JL is a better movie than BvS.

I remember how huge the hype was, I saw bunch of promotions on TV, drinks (mizone) and etc. I don't see they have the same level of promotion with JL.

On 11/19/2017 at 6:23 AM, newbie BO buff said:

Indonesia 3-day recap:

$2.6m cume

I don't see this opening more than $5m for the weekend (Wonder Woman territory, $4.8m).

A far cry from BvS's monster $7.7m opening last year.

I am happy to be proven wrong. Exceptionally strong Sat-Sun ($3.2m) bring the full 5-day OW to $5.8m, a shade behind Thor 3.

And could go up a bit come actuals tomorrow.

(Saw it for the third time on IMAX last night, only front two rows not occupied. 539 seats capacity)

So it is lower than BvS. And unless it's adjusted up with actuals, it is also lower than Thor 3. It's expected after I saw the hype, but a little disappointing considering this was supposed to be "The Avengers" of DC. If I'm not mistaken, no big releases until Star Wars. There is Coco, but it won't be that much a competition for JL. Orient Express will not be that big also. So it has like 3 weeks with no real competitions. This will help JL outgross Thor 3.

43 minutes ago, catlover said:

So it is lower than BvS. And unless it's adjusted up with actuals, it is also lower than Thor 3. It's expected after I saw the hype, but a little disappointing considering this was supposed to be "The Avengers" of DC. If I'm not mistaken, no big releases until Star Wars. There is Coco, but it won't be that much a competition for JL. Orient Express will not be that big also. So it has like 3 weeks with no real competitions. This will help JL outgross Thor 3.

I'm quite sure it will be higher come actuals tomorrow.

Any new numbers? What about Coco? The WOM here is exceptionally good. One of the best I've ever seen. Literally every person I know who's already seen it said it's amazing. Not good, not great, but amazing. It's in its 2nd weekend, but when I went to see it for the 2nd time today, it was hard to get the tickets. Almost sold out everywhere. Granted, today's a public holiday, but still.

• Like 1

Infiniity War is set to become the first foreign film to crack $20 million in Indonesia this weekend.

DcX1VwTUQAAUod2.jpg:large

Indonesian gross as of 3 May. 2nd FSS should be enough to shoot it past 20m.

That opening weekend number is almost 3m above previous record, set by FF8

DcAfkhyVwAAO49L.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, newbie BO buff said:

DgzOfq6U0AAWUgt.jpg:large

nearly 8m admission but only 25m in gross??? IW's admission in SK was about 11m which translate to 94m+

That is it, another powerhouse of box office is rising in Indonesia., that admission number suggests that direction.

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

nearly 8m admission but only 25m in gross??? IW's admission in SK was about 11m which translate to 94m+

That is it, another powerhouse of box office is rising in Indonesia., that admission number suggests that direction.

Average ticket price is only about $3.15

14 hours ago, newbie BO buff said:

DgzOfq6U0AAWUgt.jpg:large

I don't think Antman is popular enough to beat Thor Ragnarok so I expect The Nun to enter the list next. Supernatural horror films are big here. Annabelle 2 made almost $10m and Valak is as popular as The Avengers lol. I even think it could outgross The Conjuring 2.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, catlover said:

I don't think Antman is popular enough to beat Thor Ragnarok so I expect The Nun to enter the list next. Supernatural horror films are big here. Annabelle 2 made almost $10m and Valak is as popular as The Avengers lol. I even think it could outgross The Conjuring 2.

Setuju Mas! ... I mean, I agree 😜