CJohn

The Hunger Games OS thread: 258M Total

Alice in Wonderland did pretty well. But generally big Hollywood movies don't have primarily female protagonists so there isn't much precedence for this.

well 33 is not that much for China and AiW (Australia had the same gross)

I really hope China connects with this film. Is Lionsgate distributing the movie there or is it another studio?

No. China Film Group Corp and Huaxia Film Distribution Co. distribute THG. All revenue-shared hollywood films in China are distributed by the TWO Chinese companies. But Lionsgate can get 25% from the gross.

I think THG will make more than Prometheus in China.

I dont think so. Buzz of Prometheus here is quite huge. But Prometheus was delayed to nowhere from June in China.

For some reason I thought China was the only market remaining... When does Japan open?

Japan opens in September. I doubt it will do that good there due to all the Battle Royale comparisons and because most people probably would have downloaded a DVD rip by then lol

No. China Film Group Corp and Huaxia Film Distribution Co. distribute THG. All revenue-shared hollywood films in China are distributed by the TWO Chinese companies. But Lionsgate can get 25% from the gross.I dont think so. Buzz of Prometheus here is quite huge. But Prometheus was delayed to nowhere from June in China.

How's the promotion going for Hunger Games? How much do you see it grossing?

Damn it this is the problem of having a small studio as the distributor... Just pay up Lionsgate, there's so much potential for this movie in China!

this is not the way they do it in china. i am not an expert, but i believe lionsgate is doing their best. in fact, cameron knows very well why he wants next avatars to be co produced with china. bigger box office share (by the time avatar 3 hits the theaters, chinese box office revenues will be about the us boxoffice revenue) and of course more control with marketing in such a lucrative region.