CAYOM 3.0 Year 1 (2017) Discussion Thread

40 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Okay then, nothing wrong with that. We can push it back a week.

The 11th should do just fine. If I can't make it by then I'll just have to delay stuff.

Edited by cookie

21 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Cool. Unless anyone objects I'm down with that.

Also, a semi-related question since Part II starts soon - when making predictions for box office, are we allowed to predict our own films?

Yes.

Edited by cookie

So, I was thinking. When we start doing reviews for the movies, I was thinking of bringing back the grading scale we had in place. It was pretty much the CAYOM equivalent to Metacritic. In case anyone was wondering, this is how they score movies:

A or A+= 100 

A-= 91

B+= 83

B= 75

B-= 67

C+= 58

C= 50

C-= 42

D+= 33

D= 25

D-= 16

F= 0

81-100: Universal Acclaim

61-80: Generally Favorable Reviews

40-60: Mixed or Average Reviews

20-39: Generally Unfavorable Reviews

0-20: Overwhelming Dislike

Of course, reviews involving numbers are easier to calculate than lettered ones. Also instead of doing percents, it would just be something like 6.6 or something showing the average score. We can change it or not do it depending on what everyone else thinks. I just think it would make easier for people to keep track of what they thought about the movies come awards season.

• Like 3

I'm fine with that. Adds another element to the game without overcomplicating things. And if we did want to simulate RottenTomatoes kinda scores obviously it'd be easy to calculate those from numerical scores.

In other news, just a reminder to get your movies done and posted by 11:59 PM, EST this Monday the 11th! There will be no further extensions to Part I! The only date that still needs another completed film is May 26th, so as long as @cookie finishes Voltron we're good to go. Otherwise I can move something into that spot.

Edited by Xillix
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Xillix said:

I'm fine with that. Adds another element to the game without overcomplicating things. And if we did want to simulate RottenTomatoes kinda scores obviously it'd be easy to calculate those from numerical scores.

In other news, just a reminder to get your movies done and posted by 11:59 PM, EST this Monday the 11th! There will be no further extensions to Part I! The only date that still needs another completed film is May 26th, so as long as @cookie finishes Voltron we're good to go. Otherwise I can move something into that spot.

Voltron and Rita will hopefully be done tomorrow, then if I have time left over I'll squeeze something else in.

• Like 1

This is my very final Y1 Lineup:

Runaway, A Road Adventure (February 24)  - Action Comedy Road Trip

Oscar Pill (March 17)  -  3D - Heroic Fantasy

Rabbids: The Big Adventure (March 31) - 3D - Animation/Live Action Comedy
The Curse of Monkey Island (July 4) - IMAX 3D - Adventure

Dangerous Beauty (July 21) - Horror

America! (October 20) - Nature Documentary - p1

Trump's America (November 8 - Wide) - Documentary - p2

Love at first sight (November 17 - Wide) - Romance - p2

the truth about the HARRY QUEBERT affair (December 1) - Crime/Thriller

Edited by Bastien