Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

Exclusive Clip of Dark Side "The Interview"

Spoiler

Interviewer: “So Tyler, you purchased a penthouse worth $200 million here in New York City, why?”

Tyler: “Well, I wanted to be closer to my husband and the business. You know a 60 minute commute is not fun.”

Interviewer: “True, but the Pierce Mansion is worth $400 million. You don’t think that is excessive? You paint yourself as an “everyday” type of guy but in reality you are not. Do you not see that as hypocritical?”

Tyler: “Well that is your opinion. I am fine with it even though it is false.”

Interviewer: *laughs* “You are a piece of work!”

Tyler: “Listen, I am who I am. If you think I am a hypocrite great, then think that. If you like me, even better.”

Interviewer: “Okay. Now you advise your husband in business affairs even though you lack experience in business. Executives within the company doubt your abilities. What do you think of that?”

Tyler: “I mean who walks into a job and knows exactly what to do? You learn as you go. Did you know everything about hosting a talk show when you got this job?”

Interviewer: “Well this isn’t about me. You are dodging the question. What experience do you bring to the company?”

Tyler: *laughs sarcastically* “Dodging the question? I am not answering a bogus question like that. Yeah, I am not gonna lie, higher ups in the company don’t like me. They want somebody they can control and be the cute “stepford wife”.That isn’t me. I am staying true to myself. Honestly, fuck them.”

Interviewer: “Okay, let’s remember to watch our language.”

Tyler: *makes a mocking face*

Interviewer: “People say your got your rough attitude from your upbring. You didn’t grow up in a traditional household like Hunter. Do you think that is why you have this attitude?”

Tyler *baffled* “Yeah, I didn’t grow up in the ideal family. My dad left shortly afterward I was born. My mother struggled with alcoholism and died in a car accident. But I mean everybody has baggage. My uncle and aunt might not have been well off but they cared for me.”

Interviewer: “You just grew up so differently than your husband.”

Tyler: *Looks at camera* “You know, I don’t need to sit here. You are being incredibly rude to a guest. Every question you give me, you try to tear me down. You are pitting me against my husband. Look, you have me on here during prime time because I bring in viewers and revenue for you all. I say yes, because I am a good person and I also make money from doing this. But you have disrespected me with every question. Have a good night.”

*Tyler flips off the camera and walks off.*

• Like 1

Clickhole Presents:

Culture Shock: Everything You Need to Know About 'Spark'

After the financial and critical success of its predecessor, Alex Spark is back to save the galaxy once again in 'Spark: Homeward'. As she encounters a figure from her past to aid in defeating a mysterious threat, here's a primer to help get you up to speed before the much anticipated sequel drops on May 3rd. 

1. In order to give herself a physical feel for her character's powers, Sasha Lane carried large blue Jell-O scoops in her hands for every single scene, edited out via visual effects. After a day of filming, the actors would take turns eating the Jell-O out of her hands.

2. The creative team of 'Spark' made hundreds of alien species for the film's universe, building a mythos including their designs, culture, and a 500 word explanation of what each species would do in the event that an elderly woman came to their home wanting to borrow a VHS copy of The Wedding Singer.

3. Perhaps the most incredible world created in Spark was that of Chicago, Illinois. To create a truly immersive marketing experience, Matt and Ross duffer had the city fully recreated in the real world and hired actors to play city officers.

4. In a deleted scene, it is revealed that galactic society found Earth after a NASA scientist tried to order a pizza but accidentally sent the message into outer space. This had sent the galaxy into a massive panic, as no alien society was that good at making tomato sauce.

5. The galactic anthem for the Summit of Unity was unanimously voted to be the original theme song for "Sister, Sister".

6. Alex's long lost human father will play a major role in 'Homeward' and has a 40 minute scene in which she teaches Alex Spark how to fix a malfunctioning toaster.

7. Alex's relationship with Kozar felt so authentic after Sasha Lane associated wolves with her one night stand with someone who was mauled by wolves the very next day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@cayommagazine

Endless Entertainment to debut a new Alpha Flight trailer with Spark: Homeward

Endless Entertainment will also debut a teaser for Horizon: Zero Dawn attached to God of War.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

The Scavenger Wars', Cookie Pictures' Next Big Sci-Fi Bet

Part I - The Setting

With a budget at or exceeding an estimated two-hundred million dollars, the long-delayed The Scavenger Wars, initially set to be an animated feature produced internally at Cookie Pictures Animation, is seeing its rebirth in Year 3 as a live-action epic directed by the Spark: Rising duo Matt and Ross DufferDescribed as a pet project for President and CEO Sebastian Peters and a potential successor to Cookie Pictures' mega franchise Voltron, the studio obviously has a lot riding on this summer release to be a commercial success, in part to prove the studio's ability to deliver blockbusters not based on previously established material.

CAYOM Magazine was invited today to Cookie Pictures' headquarters to be shared with behind-the-scenes information from Peters himself, which will be covered in multiple parts starting with the setting of the upcoming sci-fi tentpole from the house of Voltron and Scrooge McDuck.

The Scavenger Wars takes place in a far future where after a catastrophe befalling Earth (global warming? nuclear war? Peters is being purposefully vague here) the remainder of humanity, estimated to be around twenty million, drifts endlessly in space in six gigantic space vessels each named after known galaxies (Milky Way, Seyfert, Hoag, Pinwheel, Sunflower, Mayall), all controlled by a central government entity dubbed the H.F.F - Humanity Federation Fleet. "Imagine a line of battle cruisers that make up an entire country and its government" is how Peters described their function. Peters wasn't light on the comparison either, as concept art showed massive dreadnought-esque ships that were several kilometers in length. "Just one of them could fit the entire metropolitan population of Chicago" he later described.

There used to be a seventh H.F.F ship however, Andromeda, described as the largest and most prestigious of all, but its sinking fifteen years prior to the events of the film serves as the catalyst for everything that happens after. "You could compare it to the sinking of Lusitania, or, if you're willing to go there, 9-11" Peters described of the event, which will be covered in the film's opening sequence. An alien race dubbed only "the Scavengers" are blamed for the attack and a decade-long interstellar conflict begins between humanity and their newfound enemy. Peters is quick to point out that while confrontations between humans and Scavengers are made on different planets over the years, any direct attack on either the H.F.F fleet or the Scavenger home world Khouga has been discouraged by both sides, citing the fragility of both nations. This attitude is not supported by everyone on either end however, in particular the current Grand Admiral (basically the President) of the H.F.F, James T. Packer.

landscape_uktv-case-histories-jason-isaa

Actor Jason Isaacs, who portrays Packer in the film

"The Grand Admiral is the last remainder of a democratic system anywhere within the H.F.F" Peters explains, saying the Grand Admiral is the only position that is elected by public vote. Packer has been able to maintain his position (elected a few short years after the Andromeda disaster) through scaremongering and militant fascist rhetoric, assuring the human population that "Andromeda will be avenged" (Peters revealed a propaganda poster featuring the tagline "Remember Andromeda" which is an often repeated phrase in the film). While Packer has full control over his base of operations which is the H.F.F Hoag, the remaining ships are each run by their own captain, elected by the H.F.F council without requiring Packer's approval (Packer's demeanor meanwhile has not made him a popular figure among his captains).

mary-elizabeth-winstead.jpglaurence-fishburne-9295760-1-402.jpg

Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Laurence Fishburne portray Captain Lucina (Milky Way) and Captain Helms (Seyfert) respectively

Peters wanted to briefly focus on H.F.F Milky Way, which will be the main setting for the first act. Peters describes Milky Way as the "black sheep" of the fleet. With a large working class and alien immigrant population Milky Way is shown in concept art as a derelict Blade Runner-esque urban cityscape riddled with crime and segregation. Humans are usually better off than their alien counterparts who are often treated as second-class citizens within the H.F.F, and non-professional relationships between humans and other races are often frowned upon. While a small pocket of Scavenger refugees reside on Milky Way, further Scavenger migrants or refugees are banned entirely per H.F.F order (with influence from Packer), and those that reside face frequent intimidation and harassment both by the government and the public.

Attention is then shifted to the Scavenger home world Khouga, a planet roughly three quarters the size of Earth which is where most of the film's second act is spent. Peters describes it as an "arid desert planet with small pockets of greenery". Despite holding massive bodies of water very little actually grows on Khouga outside of said pockets, a phenomenon attributed by the inhabitants as punishment from the celestial Gods for their ancestors' misdeeds. The name "Scavengers" in fact derives from the race's need to invade nearby solar systems and plunder their resources to bring back home and continue to sustain Khouga.

2831.jpg

The visual design of Khouga is inspired by Kepler-186F

The CAYOM Magazine team are shown images and footage of the Khouga landscape (most of the Khouga scenes are filmed in real world locations in central and western Asia) where one stand out moment is, as one editor describes it, "a wonderfully realized scene in a valley of flowers".

CTtsSNC.jpgunnamed.jpgMountain_in_Wadi_Rum,_Jordan.jpgleh-4231.jpg

Visualizations of Khouga based on location scouting in Pakistan, northern India and Jordan

Peters describes Khouga as "a dying world refusing to change its ways" saying the inhabitants see the plundering of other planets and the spending of those resources as an easier solution than actually finding a way to make Khouga self-sustainable. In an ironic contrast to this lack of regard for environmental preservation, Khouga is a strictly traditionalist monarchy in governance, ruled by the same family line for thousands of years. Khouga also holds an absolutist stance on immigration, refusing to allow any other race to migrate to their planet. Additional concept art also shows a large circular city with a palace placed right in the middle, assumed to be the royal residence. Hover vehicles appear to be the main method of transportation and the architecture resembles that of early Moorish mixed with a futurist bent, basically Wakanda if it was in the Maghreb instead of central Africa.

As an added bonus after the conclusion of the tour Peters played an excerpt from the instrumental score of the film, currently being written and composed by James Newton Howard.

Peters said Howard was suggested to him after hearing the score for the 1999 drama Snow Falling on Cedars

(Other inspirations are said to include Batman Begins, Blood Diamond, King Kong, The Hunger Games franchise and Atlantis: The Lost Empire)

In part two, CAYOM Magazine will go more into detail on the Scavengers themselves as well as an early glimpse into the story and a central plot device called "Pallasium".

Edited by cookie
  • Like 3

The camera opens on a tiny 19th century village

We see villagers tending the gardens and to the live stock

Suddenly a roaring sound comes from the forest

We see the villagers look up in shock

A man whispers, “The deviations are here.”

The O$corp Pictures Sympol Comes Up

We see the village leader Joseph Strorm (Jude Law) standing in front of the villagers in a church

He while the images flash, he gives a voice over “And God created man in His own image. And God decreed that man should have one body, one head, two arms and two legs: that each arm should be jointed in two places and end in one hand: that each hand should have four fingers and one thumb: that each finger should bear a flat finger-nail. The norm is the will of God, and the devil is the father of deviation, and a number of others about Offences and Blasphemies. Those who are Blasphemes shall be slaughtered or banished the lands outside of Waknuk to the Fringes where all kind of devils and deviations dwell."

We see David Strorm (Nick Robinson) standing looking at Sophie (Anya Taylor-Joy) and she smiles back

We see them on the rocks and Sophie slips and her foot gets stuck

David looks at her foot a sees a six toe

Sophie looks up with tears in her eyes

David sees Sophie and her family being lead away to the gates of Waknuk

Joseph showing David the rules of the village outside of the church

Joseph and other church elders ceremoniously slaughter a two-headed calf

We see David and Rosaline (Saoirse Ronan) flinch and look away

Rosaline tells David she can’t live in fear anymore

Michael (Timothy Chalamet) says without moving his lips says that they don’t have to

The camera pans around the room and we see Rosaline, David, Perta (Chloe Grace Moretz), Rachel (Blu Hunt), and Anne (Holli Dempsey) looks at Michael in shock.

From Visionary Director, Guillermo Del Toro

Rachel tells Michael, Perta, David, and Rosaline that they have the ability to communicate telepathically

Michael looks up and says that in other words they are Blasphemies

David says no

Rosaline runs into the room and cries that their secret is known

We see them flee on horse back at night into the Fringes

David says that this is their time

This November

Joseph rallies his followers

They run though a field and clash with the a group of Blasphemes

Their Rise

Rachel is lead to a prison cell

A woman reaches out her hands to a man and begins to cry uncontrollably. Men try to hold her back

Will Not

Men in front of a crowd whip a Blaspheme

David presses his head to Perta’s

Be Tolerated

A cloud of dust surrounds David and Perta

Rachel presses her hands to her head while screaming

David and Sophie though the woods while explosions explode around them

A creature tackles Michael

A bloody body lies in a creek

Perta grasps in horror

David shouts no and runs after Rosaline

David looks into the sky

A shower of arrows shoots up into the sky making zinging sounds

The he begins to fall back

*The screen goes black and we hear the sound of voices whispering*

Guillermo Del Toro's The Chrysalids

Enter the Fringes 

November 1st

• Like 2

*O$corp Studios Logo Comes Up*

Grant Gustin voices over the logo coming up (it is broken up and distorted) “If we don’t stop them, we will all die!”

A shot of a large jet landing in an airport
A shot of a beautiful beach

*Tense Music Begins and Images Flash Quickly*

Pico Alexander looks out a window at night and a shadow runs by
Daniel Kaluuya opens the door to the attic
Grant Gustin, Daniel Kaluuya, Pico Alexander, and Jennifer Lawrence stare at an elaborate painting
Grant Gustin and Kat Graham look at each other in shock
Lorana Raver opens a door and looks out
Allison Williams levitates over a table
Pico Alexander is thrown across a room
Jennifer Lawrence picks up a bloody piece of glass
The stain glass windows of a church shatter
Daniel Kaluuya runs through the house 
Allison Williams collapses on the ground

Pico Alexander crying says, “We should have never come here.”

A table explodes in flames

god

Jennifer Lawrence is comforted by Grant Gustin
Pico Alexander rushes at Grant Gustin

Doesn’t

Jennifer Lawrence screams as something runs toward her
Grant Gustin faintly sees figures standing over him

Want

A shadow moves across the wall

The camera zooms over a cabin during a severe storm

Daniel Kaluuya shatters a mirror

To Be

Allison Williams sobs with bloody covering her
Daniel Kaluuya stands looking into a mirror crying with his hands covering his ears.

The roof of a house rips off into the sky

Found

*screen goes black*

year 3

mgb1doe3erdce

Edited by Hiccup23
  • Like 1

Endless Interview: Xavier Johnson, the CEO and owner of Endless Entertainment, Endless Animation and the newly created Infinite Studios talks about last year, Y3, and beyond

Part 1: Endless Entertainment 

Lynn Terview: Hello, Mr Johnson, how are you this morning.

X.J.: Pretty good, I have been excited about this interview.

LT: Okay let’s get started then. Tell us how you feel about your debut year.

XJ: Well it was no picnic. We original had a big slate but due to time concerns we picked the best projects ready for development. Although plans for the Bionicle Universe was/is a bust, it wasn’t a total bomb, we made some decent money but not enough for it’s gargantuan $200M budget. We may pursue another attempt in the future but now it’s dead. However we are pleased at the performance of Treasure Planet. We weren’t expecting huge numbers but it overperformed, audiences wanted some quality escapism and we provided. We even won an Oscar.

LT: A Visual Oscar and it was argued it only did that well due to how barren the slate was.

XJ: Still an Oscar, but we do understand that the playing field allowed these numbers and have plans for a sequel. Taika Waititi is returning for Gauntlet of Midas, early November Y4. Tonally it’s similar to Guardians of The Galaxy and Pirates of The Carribean in terms of fun swashbuckling adventures but it has a lot of heart and is all original. It definitely has a lot more of his charm

LT: I’m curious about the other remakes you have planned. Lilo and Stitch comes out this March and Brother Bear is planned for the Spring Y4. 

XJ: We actually learned a lot for TP about how to make a reboot. Lilo and Stitch, although has it’s similarities has a lot of differences too. The emotional dynamic between Lilo and Stitch is very strong. We see Stitch evolve more as a character. Favreau thought it was a great idea to incorporate Lilo’s parents into the movie and develop Gantu and Jumba more as characters. 

LT: It’s surely anticipated, are you worried?

XJ: Yes and No. Yes because Lilo and Stitch is a classic and one of my favorite animated movies. No because I think we have something special here.

LT: And Brother Bear?

XJ: One thing we changed was getting rid off the awkward Phil Collins songs. We also wanted to focus more on emotions in Brother Bear too. Brother Bear will use photo realistic CGI and live action ala Farveau’s Jungle Book but Favreau won’t return.

LT: Also some of the other films this and next year look cool. 

XJ: You are damn right. We have an original story from the minds of Lord and Miller about a love potion gone wrong. It’s a coproduction with our family at Infinite Studios. God of War is a fun but heartfelt and gritty action spectacle. Alpha Flight is pretty damn cool. We think we have something special here, Matthew Vaughn poured his heart and soul on this. Bullets and Lyrics is also an Infinite co production. We recently screened a rough cut and got some big praises. 

LT: I see you didn’t mention Kim Possible or Miraculous 

XJ: Both of those are great movies. Both of them are our efforts to get into live action family fare. We are very excited for Miraculous. Next Year, I think El Tigre or Teenage Robot is next.

LT: Anything about next year?

XJ: Well, excluding the aforementioned projects spoken about earlier, we have an untitled monster movie brewing we have been courting Gareth Edwards for it but it’s all preliminary, we have an idea for El Superbeasto, Horizon Zero Dawn is a must, there’s also George Miller’s sci-fi project.

LT: Limitless?

XJ: It’s untitled now but Miller finally cracked it. I’d tell more but you’ll know more soon. 

LT: Okay. Sounds mysterious and I love it. Next we’ll have the head of Endless Animation talk next. Stay Tuned folks.

Part 2: Endless Animation

Lynn Terview: Today we continue Part 2 of our interview and we are focusing on the Endless Animation division. We have the CEO of the company, Stewart Gilligan.

SG: Hello there Lynn.

LT: What does Endless Animation aim for in films?

SG: Quality first and foremost. We’ve always been focused on this whether we want a more cartoony film or a more drama based one.

LT: Can you tell us about how you feel about the animated films produced by Endless last year?

SG: Gladly, both Crash and Spyro overperformed especially the latter. Crash got some Oscar nominations as well. Crash was the better of the two though. It was not as good as say Bounty Hamster or To The Moon or Our City but by good it was good. Both were strong results for the GameVerse. 

LT: Tell us more about the GameVerse. 

SG: We had an idea to make an animated Skylanders movie at first but realizing we had the rights to some other gaming characters, we decided to have some fun. Both Spyro and Crash are a part of this universe. Although no GameVerse movie is coming this year, next year heralds both Battletoads and Crash 2, and in Y5 we do Skylanders. Sony Pictures Imageworks, like some of our films has agreed to do the animation for all GameVerse movies. However although all are in the same world, their solo stories are their solo stories and focus on their own respective worlds. 

LT: I also see you have some original films this year. 

SG: Yep. We have the Jenkins/Howard movie, Witches in February, Asbury’s Welcome To The Jungle in July, and McKay’s Don’t Let The Pigeon Drive in November. We also have Cats planned for next year along with an adaptation of Henry Selick’s Moongirl CG/Stop Motion hybrid. There’s also Tortoise and Hare, Barbados, and some other projects.

LT: Ah, can you tell us some difference in the movies, I’m curious about the animation.

SG: We tend to work on the scripts and have the animation done elsewhere. Although we work with SPI for GameVerse, Witches and other projects, Endless Animation finally has their in house studio running. Both Pigeon, a CG/2D hybrid, Moongirl, a CG/Stop Motion hybrid, and Cats, all CG, are done via here. These ones have higher budgets, and focus on mainly hybrid projects along with CG films around $110M. Reel FX is developing Tortoise and Hare and Animal Logic is working on Barbados and Welcome To The Jungle. But now about the movies, all share a strong heart and grade A humor but has their differences. Pigeon is definitely more madcap and cartoony, Witches is deeper in tone but still fun and Jungle is way more comedic than the others. Moongirl is perhaps our most bizarre and dark films yet and Cats is a big grand musical in the vein of Tangled and Frozen.

LT: How do the artists feel here? 

SG: I can’t speak for them but I think they love it. I mean we have directors from all different types of animated movies. We have the best animators lining up to work here. In fact the best animators here have an opportunity to create their own shorts regardless of animation styles, to debut in front of our movies and some of our parents movies. 

LT: Okay folks, that was Steven Gilligan, next is Infinite Studios turn.

Tentative Y4 Schedule for TriCrescent Media:

Ōban Star-Racers - February Y4

American Dragon 2 - April Y4

Crysis - May Y4

Extreme Dinosaurs II - July Y4

ROM - August Y4

Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters Sequel - September Y4

ThunderCats - November Y4

ReBoot 2.0 - December Y4

Edited by Xillix

Before Part 3 Of The Endless Interview arrives, Endless drops a tentative slate:

Teenage Robot - February Y4

Battletoads - March Y4 - EA

Brother Bear - April Y4

Horizon Zero Dawn - May Y4

Stars (formerly Limitless) - July Y4 -EE/IS

Crash Bandicoot: The Sequel - September Y4 -EA

Spiderwick Chronicles - October Y4 - IS

Treasure Planet: Gauntlet of Midas - November Y4

Anatasia - Thanksgiving Y4

Cats - December Y4 - EA

The only films I have set for Y4 right now are Road to Shangri-La (probably May/June), Warlord of Mars (likely November), Voltron 3 (December 18) and whatever I don’t get to finish this year.

My biggest sequels for Y4 so far are Freddy Zapper 2, Aera Rising, and Me and My Shadow 2. 

My OCs are yet to be determined, but one will be Zermatt (Idris Elba and Tatiana Maslany in a psychological horror/dark comedy from the director of The Parvelli Reunion)