Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

@cayommagazine

ANTONIUS

From the creators of Can You Imagine? and the mind behind the Best Animated Feature Frontrunner: Sylvarius comes a thrawling animated epic in the vein of the latter and How To Train Your Dragon.

Loosley based on the 2002 unused film, Antonius takes place in ancient kingdom inspired by Egypt as well as African culture and the world is full of anthropomorphic animals, and tells the story of the titular character, Antonius (voiced by Shamiek Moore), a feisty yet jovial young leopard from a small village who aspires to be a warrior and honor his family linage, but as fate as cruel as it is fullfiling gets his wish, is kidnapped and put into slavery, and being forced to fight as both a soldier and a gladiator in the Conqu Empire, ruled by a tyrannical tiger with an iron fist (Rami Malek). Antonius must not only learn how to fight physically but for his freedom, becoming a freedom fighter in the process as well as learning a great warrior isn’t just about strength or honor but what they do for others.

The ensemble cast also includes:

Daveed Diggs 

Idris Elba 

Zendaya

John Kani 

Sasha Lane

Taika Waititi

Marsai Martin 

Eric Andre

with 

Taraji P. Henson

and 

Terry Crews

Antonius is entirely traditionally animated as well being a first for Endless Animation as they usually go with computer animation but the success of the Ducktales franchise from Cookie Pictures Animation and the Amulet franchise by Hollywood Animation Studios shows hand drawn animation can be profitable as it was back in the 90s and it was the only way to tell the story.

In addition to Antonius is being directed by Chris Butler, Peter Ramsey has been attached to produce the project as well as Ava DuVernay as the Endless Animation heads will executive produce. The script is being written by Chris Butler and Joe Robert Cole (Black Panther, Static Shock)

Antonius is scheduled for Y7/Y8.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 3

First announment from Horizon's conference Matt Reeves has left Seraph and has been replaced by Anthony & Joe Russo. The film is aiming to come out in Y7.

Update

The cast has left expect Darce Montgomery & Joel Edgerton

Edited by Reddroast
  • Like 2

@cayommagazine

It is also confirmed Endless Animation has dropped plans for Larrikins, conforming it is cancelled. Gigantic is also on the chopping block but it is pending as of now, as the studio only wants to focus on Antonius, Kung Fu Space Punch and Monkeys On Mumbai as it’s readaptation of the cancelled.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Spaghetti said:

Damn it couldn’t survive here either.

The story is were Gigantic got wonky for me. Though I may continue it in the future as I updated my post but if someone has a better idea I’d give the sort of rights to them.

Larrikins is sadly gone though.

8 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

The story is were Gigantic got wonky for me. Though I may continue it in the future as I updated my post but if someone has a better idea I’d give the sort of rights to them.

Larrikins is sadly gone though.

I...might be interested in snatching up Larrikins.

• Like 1

A series of announcements from Horizon's animated division Tall Tales Animation:

1. John Kahrs first film is a fantasy film going under the working title Emerald

2 Tetsurō Araki working with a Cyberpunk Action film with D.B Wiess and David Benioff writing.

Timothee Chalamet has a role in the film. The film might be a HARD R

3 A mega man battle network is in the works for y8

• Like 2

The cast for Edgar Wright and Joe Carnahan's horror heist film has been revealed

Bradley Cooper

Wyatt Russell

Pablo Pascal

Elizabeth Olsen

Pilou Asæk

With 

Donald Glover

And

Mary Elizabeth Winstead

The film follows a group of con-men and thieves as they try to steal from Dracula's Castle. The plan goes off course and madness insuses 

Edited by Reddroast
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

The cast for Edgar Wright and Joe Carnahan's horror heist film has been revealed

Bradley Cooper

Wyatt Russell

Pablo Pascal

Elizabeth Olsen

Pilou Asæk

With 

Donald Glover

And

Mary Elizabeth Winstead

The film follows a group of con-men and thieves as they try to steal from Dracula's Castle. The plan goes off course and madness insuses 

This sounds pretty cool! When is this going to come out?