Grade it  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I'm not going to try and tell you the names of the actors, because I'll probably spell them wrong.  Except for The Purge's Frank Grillo, who plays the bad guy.  But we'll get to him in a minute.  Wolf Warrior 2 comes two years after the original, which grossed 90 million in China.  It starred the main actor from this one, Jing Wu (okay, so I lied, I will mention names).  It must have made a hell of an impression on the Chinese because this one is on its way to hitting 800 million in China alone.  I don't know much about Chinese culture except for what I have read flippantly and what I see in the movies.  But this film enlightened me at least a little bit to some of the culture.  But more importantly, it gave me one of the best action films I've ever seen.  Jin Wu is terrific and shockingly athletic as the hero of the film, Leng Feng.  He's a former special forces east division in the Chinese military and after he gets out of prison for killing an unarmed terrorist, he wants to spend the quiet life in Africa, where China and Africa are friendly with one another.  But almost immediately, all fucking hell breaks loose as there is a civil war and the rebels decide to shoot and kill anyone and everyone who seems to be in their way of overthrowing the government.  Feng is then hurled back into action to save a doctor who is very important.  I won't give this part away because it's one of the more interesting parts of the film.  

If you like action, stunts, incredible fight scenes, lots of wire work and some a break neck pace, this WW2 is the film for you.  It's breathtaking from beginning to end.  Wu looks the part.  Frank Grillo was born to play bad guys.  Tobin Bell was once told by a casting director that he should be going after bad guy parts.  Bell had never thought of this before the CD had mentioned it to him.  When he went for those parts, his career took off.  Like Bell, Grillo has a natural gift to play slimy assholes.  But it's not just his look or his voice, the man works his behind off to have that shredded look and he works on perfecting his fighting skills.  I've seen videos of him on you-tube and he trains with some of the best Asian martial artists.  That training paid off for this movie, because unlike Vin Diesel, who looked like shit when he fought Jason Statham in Fast 7, Grillo looks like he belongs on the same street as Wu.  When they finally get to battle it out, the fight is quite epic.  

WW2 is an action fans dream.  It's fast, furious and exhilarating.  If it comes to a theater near you, and you love action films, especially the older Jackie Chan films, then this is one you will love.

9/10

• Like 2

Just gonna take credit for giving @Stutterng baumer Denbroughthe push to see this.... 

This is a damn fun movie, plenty of likable characters, lots of great action and a simple but engaging story. 

The lead character is seriously good actually, he just oozes a natural charm, and you just cannot help rooting for him to succeed. 

Definitely feel like there's room for the sequel to do something in the west with a little work. 

• Like 1

Actually is n.3 all time at a single territory in number of tickests sold!!!!!!

http://insidekino.de/BO/CN2017.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm?adjust_yr=1&p=.htm

Would be only behing GWTW and Star Wars!!!!

i think this thread should be much more popular, because is making absolutely history and i think in a short future we´ll be talking about records much more with Chinese films.

At least to the ones who love numbers beyond nationalities.

WW2 actually is:

n.1 2017 in a single territory

Highest monday, tuesday and 2nd weekend grosser in a single territory, dethroning TFA (this is more than amazing!)

Highest Chinese grosser all time

First non USA film to be in the top 100 worldwide in history

Inside top 15 all time movies worldwide excluding USA ( this is shocking at all, cause is surpassing many films that got a lot of momey around the world and WW2 did almost all alone in China)

not bad at all, not bad.....

• Like 1

On 22/8/2017 at 11:58 PM, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I'm not going to try and tell you the names of the actors, because I'll probably spell them wrong.  Except for The Purge's Frank Grillo, who plays the bad guy.  But we'll get to him in a minute.  Wolf Warrior 2 comes two years after the original, which grossed 90 million in China.  It starred the main actor from this one, Jing Wu (okay, so I lied, I will mention names).  It must have made a hell of an impression on the Chinese because this one is on its way to hitting 800 million in China alone.  I don't know much about Chinese culture except for what I have read flippantly and what I see in the movies.  But this film enlightened me at least a little bit to some of the culture.  But more importantly, it gave me one of the best action films I've ever seen.  Jin Wu is terrific and shockingly athletic as the hero of the film, Leng Feng.  He's a former special forces east division in the Chinese military and after he gets out of prison for killing an unarmed terrorist, he wants to spend the quiet life in Africa, where China and Africa are friendly with one another.  But almost immediately, all fucking hell breaks loose as there is a civil war and the rebels decide to shoot and kill anyone and everyone who seems to be in their way of overthrowing the government.  Feng is then hurled back into action to save a doctor who is very important.  I won't give this part away because it's one of the more interesting parts of the film.  

If you like action, stunts, incredible fight scenes, lots of wire work and some a break neck pace, this WW2 is the film for you.  It's breathtaking from beginning to end.  Wu looks the part.  Frank Grillo was born to play bad guys.  Tobin Bell was once told by a casting director that he should be going after bad guy parts.  Bell had never thought of this before the CD had mentioned it to him.  When he went for those parts, his career took off.  Like Bell, Grillo has a natural gift to play slimy assholes.  But it's not just his look or his voice, the man works his behind off to have that shredded look and he works on perfecting his fighting skills.  I've seen videos of him on you-tube and he trains with some of the best Asian martial artists.  That training paid off for this movie, because unlike Vin Diesel, who looked like shit when he fought Jason Statham in Fast 7, Grillo looks like he belongs on the same street as Wu.  When they finally get to battle it out, the fight is quite epic.  

WW2 is an action fans dream.  It's fast, furious and exhilarating.  If it comes to a theater near you, and you love action films, especially the older Jackie Chan films, then this is one you will love.

9/10

Thanks Baumer for creating this thread.

I´m happy to see that north americans start to recognize this film is making history in the BO

Edited by setna
mistakes
  • Thanks 1

So I've finally watched this movie and it's a nice action flick.

As you said baumer, Frank Grillo does kill it in villain roles. A bit of a shame though, you've got Ju Wing who is one hell of a martial artist, and also Frank Grillo who is working his butt off, and then you throw lots of frenetic cuts and shaky cam in their fight when you have both these guys who could pull it off easily without it.

Maybe they learned from Hollywood too much :P

So this is basically China's answer to Rambo, and it kinda works! The plot is a bit scattered with flashbacks and stuff, but it's serviceable and you gotta enjoy how they didn't portray civil war in these parts as anything but the pure chaos and violence it is. So credits for that.

I wasn't under the impression watching this that it had patriotic undertones too much, I mean yeah the Chinese have the savior role but that's the way the movie was setup to be from the start. They even go as far as saying that no one else's left so someone's gotta do it!

7/10, good action movie

• Like 1