Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

I'd suggest Jumanji, just because that seems like it would be a good option if you wanna see a film just for entertainment, but I'd also recommend checking out any of the best picture potential nominees if you can, The Shape of Water being my personal favorite so far. 

I know my mom would probably love to see The Post this Christmas. 

Well, I'm not sure if my theater is getting The Shape of Water or not (tbh doesn't seem like a movie my mom would enjoy) and The Post doesn't go wide until January so won't be getting that for a couple more weeks. Three Billboards and The Disaster Artist are playing but I've already seen the latter. My 1st choice is Jumanji, 2nd would be Three Billboards, and 3rd would be a second viewing of The Disaster Artist.

A little bummed I missed out on seeing Lady Bird when it was still at my theater but I'd bet money on it coming back when it is inevitably nominated for Best Picture.

4 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

Well, I'm not sure if my theater is getting The Shape of Water or not (tbh doesn't seem like a movie my mom would enjoy) and The Post doesn't go wide until January so won't be getting that for a couple more weeks. Three Billboards and The Disaster Artist are playing but I've already seen the latter. My 1st choice is Jumanji, 2nd would be Three Billboards, and 3rd would be a second viewing of The Disaster Artist.

A little bummed I missed out on seeing Lady Bird when it was still at my theater but I'd bet money on it coming back when it is inevitably nominated for Best Picture.

Probably good choices, though I have yet to The Disaster Artist and it's not likely coming to our cinemas (sucks). Over here we're not getting The Post until January, instead our local theater is getting Father Figures this weekend (um!). Lady Bird will also get probably get a brief expansion here if it does expand, though it's still playing right now. My actual Christmas film picks this season are surprisingly quite low though.

Edited by Fancyarcher

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

a friendly reminder that $5.6M worth of people paid to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on Christmas.

It was one of the biggest franchise of the 2000's (that sold like 70+m book, it is over 85 million by now) too with a 100m marketing budget, someone could almost say just 5.6m in that case.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The men of The Last Jedi wasn't enough for ya? :lol: (though I guess Oscar Isaac is the only one who could be considered "classically handsome")

Everyone in that movie was hot. Both the men and the women.

Spoiler

ACTUAL LAST JEDI SPOILER DON'T CLICK

Spoiler

But I hated that Adam Driver's one shirtless scene has his pants up ridiculously high. The pecs were fine, but I want more ab action. Disney clearly hates its women/gay/bi audience, for real.

19 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Probably good choices, though I have yet to The Disaster Artist and it's not likely coming to our cinemas (sucks). Over here we're not getting The Post until January, instead our local theater is getting Father Figures this weekend (um!). Lady Bird will also get probably get a brief expansion here if it does expand, though it's still playing right now. My actual Christmas film picks this season are surprisingly quite low though.

I have not seen Coco yet but I kinda stopped going to kids films a long time ago. I have no problems with waiting to see that film.

Just now, Rorschach said:

I have not seen Coco yet but I kinda stopped going to kids films a long time ago. I have no problems with waiting to see that film.

Regardless of when you see it, I can't recommend Coco enough. Kids or family film, it's a very special film. 

3 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I might see it if my little cousins really want to go. I'm in no rush to see it though.

If you don't wanna see it now, that's fine. It's a great film, but take your time.

Edited by Fancyarcher