Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Ok I'll throw Lionsgate a bone and say 1/4 just to tick off CJohn.

It’s not just the big 7.  STX, Open Road, Entertainment Studios, Weinstein, IFC, etc. and a shit ton of other minor studios also make up the market outside of the big studios.  There’s also the fact that different studios release more than others.  Try 1/8 of Fox/Disney films and maybe you’ll be closer.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

It’s not just the big 7.  STX, Open Road, Entertainment Studios, Weinstein, IFC, etc. and a shit ton of other minor studios also make up the market outside of the big studios.  Try 1/8 of Fox/Disney films and maybe you’ll be closer.

Uh...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Honestly though, feels like the Silver Shamrock Corporation from Halloween 3.

I was watching an h3 video the other day where a "kids channel" was literally just women in their underwear and outfits that reveal a lot of skin smoking cigarettes. This shit is baffling as hell.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It’s not just the big 7.  STX, Open Road, Entertainment Studios, Weinstein, IFC, etc. and a shit ton of other minor studios also make up the market outside of the big studios.  There’s also the fact that different studios release more than others.  Try 1/8 of Fox/Disney films and maybe you’ll be closer.

You forget those films with the 15 Chinese studio logos that come on before it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Paramount just lost its head of marketing and distribution. Cleaning house, it seems.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/megan-colligan-out-as-global-marketing-chief-at-paramount-exclusive-1202601229/

http://www.tracking-board.com/megan-colligan-exits-paramount-following-a-string-of-flops-alleging-gender-bias-on-her-way-out-the-door/

I mean, mother! totally earned its dreaded ‘F’ CinemaScore (indicating the audience felt hoodwinked by marketing) in my opinion, and then had the gall to wear it as a badge of honor in a ridiculous attempt at reverse psychology; Suburbicon is a dreadful mess that critics can’t make heads or tails of and that has barely grossed $5 million in two weeks of release; and I can’t wait to see how the general public responds to Downsizing, which has absolutely no idea what it wants to be.

Another flop for Paramount. They are a mess. And their upcoming movies don't sound too good.

FUTURE RELEASES

Movie Title (click to view) Studio Release Date
Daddy's Home 2 Paramount 11/10/17
Downsizing Paramount 12/22/17
2017 Cloverfield Movie Paramount 2/2/18
Annihilation Paramount 2/23/18
Action Point Paramount 3/23/18
Sherlock Gnomes Paramount 3/23/18
A Quiet Place Paramount 4/6/18
Mission: Impossible 6 Paramount 7/27/18
Overlord Paramount 10/26/18
Untitled Paramount Event Film Paramount 11/2/18
Bumblebee Paramount 12/21/18
Eli (2019) Paramount 1/4/19
Rhythm Section Paramount 2/22/19
Amusement Park Paramount 3/15/19
Untitled Tyler Perry Movie Paramount 4/12/19
Transformers 7 Paramount 6/28/19
Top Gun (2019) Paramount 7/12/19
Untitled Terminator Project Paramount 7/26/19
The SpongeBob Movie Paramount 8/2/19
Gemini Man Paramount 10/4/19

Hopefully MI 6 is good. Rhythm Section could be a nice hit too. Gemini Man ...i don't know

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I always laugh when I get the H. Brothers logo before every STX film.

By the way I saw Bad Moms Christmas the other day and thought of you during the scene where they went making a mess of the mall set to that song from the trailer for Nut Job 2.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I always laugh when I get the H. Brothers logo before every STX film.

I get more of a kick when I see the WB logo before a Japanese film. I always wonder WTF are they doing all the way over there.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

By the way I saw Bad Moms Christmas the other day and thought of you during the scene where they went making a mess of the mall set to that song from the trailer for Nut Job 2.

I too saw A Bad Moms Christmas.  I loved the part where the plot stops for 10 minutes so they can advertise Skyzone.

• Like 1