Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

He just really wants to see I, Tonya OKAY TELE?!

I, Tonya is playing at a good theater nearby, so that's fine :lol: Over here, almost every independent/arthouse movie is placed at a theater with low capacity, small screens, and bad seating. You have to show up 40+ minutes early just to get a "decent" seat. It's a much bigger hassle than it's worth.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I, Tonya is playing at a good theater nearby, so that's fine :lol: Over here, almost every independent/arthouse movie is placed at a theater with low capacity, small screens, and bad seating. You have to show up 40+ minutes early just to get a "decent" seat. It's a much bigger hassle than it's worth.

I'm guessing your town is the furthest thing from a specialty friendly town. Now you don't need to worry about laughs during the sex scene in The Shape of Water!

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm guessing your town is the furthest thing from a specialty friendly town. Now you don't need to worry about laughs during the sex scene in The Shape of Water!

Because TSOW probably isn't expanding to my AMC :whosad: 

Spoiler

Maybe it will next week, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Because TSOW probably isn't expanding to my AMC :whosad: 

Hide contents

Maybe it will next week, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The Oscar movies will get their big expansions/re-expansions next week. Theaters have stuff to get rid of and they'll be eager to hold onto the Best Picture nominees until the big night. 

Just now, filmlover said:

The Oscar movies will get their big expansions/re-expansions next week. Theaters have stuff to get rid of and they'll be eager to hold onto the Best Picture nominees until the big night. 

I'm not that optimistic they'll come to me with how well Den of Thieves is selling :kitschjob: 

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It is. Plus I don't live in an area where Den of Thieves would do well in the first place lol.

I don't have that luxury. It's really uncommon for my AMC to get a limited film in one of its earlier expansions (Darkest Hour/Lady Bird/3B all had to wait for their post-holiday expansions), where that isn't the case at other 12-14 screeners because quite a few in the Orlando area got Darkest Hour/SOW over Christmas. But hey, Christian films in 600-800+ theaters always hit here! :angry: 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't have that luxury. It's really uncommon for my AMC to get a limited film in one of its earlier expansions (Darkest Hour/Lady Bird/3B all had to wait for their post-holiday expansions), where that isn't the case at other 12-14 screeners because quite a few in the Orlando area got Darkest Hour/SOW over Christmas. But hey, Christian films in 600-800+ theaters always hit here! :angry: 

I think God is trying to send you a message.

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It is. Plus I don't live in an area where Den of Thieves would do well in the first place lol.

I think Gerard Butler has to be close to that direct to video status.   It's like scrounging for films to watch and seeing like five Bruce Willis movies I never heard of.

Just now, DAR said:

I think Gerard Butler has to be close to that direct to video status.   It's like scrounging for films to watch and seeing like five Bruce Willis movies I never heard of.

The fact he's still getting lead roles in wide releases after nearly a decade of headlining flops is a mystery itself.