Impact

Best Actor-2012 thread

Maybe Jack will get inspired to finally get up and really show 'em how it's done once again. I don't want his last performance to be How Do You Know, and his last great performance to be in a film that's 10 years old already. (that'd be About Schmidt). 

I loved him in The Departed.

Posted Image

• Like 4

Yeah, he's pretty damn old. Doesn't even turn up to oscars for the last few years.

That sucks, man. It always seemed like the Oscars were like the highlight of his years, didn't it? He was always having a blast and grinning his ass off even when the hosts were bad

I loved him in The Departed too, but it was a pretty one-note part. In About Schmidt, he's on as high a level as he's ever been - subtle, layered and shedding a lot of his natural movie star charisma.

And not that he doesn't deserve his unofficial retirement, but yeah, I'm pretty sad he's for the most part completely off the radar now. I'm sure he could find work if only he wanted to - I mean, Christopher Plummer is 8 years older and is doing great. Although he's definitely in a better physical shape, too.