lilmac

Disney/Fox merger thread

I want to see if Disney uses Fox to branch into horror film and tv.  What concerns me is whatever is going on with Time Warner and other companies.  I am scared to see everything go to one side, but I do not know enough about that to let it bother me less or more, yet.

22 minutes ago, lilmac said:

Film/television

Do they get the rights to all the franchises?

6 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

I want to see if Disney uses Fox to branch into horror film and tv.  What concerns me is whatever is going on with Time Warner and other companies.  I am scared to see everything go to one side, but I do not know enough about that to let it bother me less or more, yet.

Do they get the rights to all the franchises?

They own whatever Fox owned. We could theoretically see a Fantastic Four/X-Men/Avengers/Star Wars/Frozen mash up.

1 minute ago, lilmac said:

They own whatever Fox owned. We could theoretically see a Fantastic Four/X-Men/Avengers/Star Wars/Frozen mash up.

Ughh.  Sorry I'm quoting you with my opinion here, but I worry about DC comics going to Disney someday.

Edited by Matrix4You

Fox employees knew this day was coming. For over a year, the men and women who work at the Century City lot have talked of little else but severance packages and job searches. They knew that when Disney wrapped up its $71.3 billion acquisition of much of 21st Century Fox’s film and television assets, thousands of jobs would be eliminated.

But, as they found out on Thursday, there is a difference between anticipating a painful future and watching that feared reality come to pass. The ax fell at the film division with brutal efficiency, wiping away much of the senior leadership at Fox’s marketing, distribution, and consumer products arms. Some staffers, who had been engaging in gallows humor for weeks, burst into tears when they received the word in one-on-one meetings with human resources reps that their positions were being terminated. Others retreated to nearby bars to host impromptu Irish wakes for bosses who had been let go or colleagues who were among those laid off (the Westfield Century City Mall, located just behind the Fox lot, boasts at least a dozen watering holes).

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/fox-layoffs-staffers-stunned-saddened-disney-1203169739/

@Disney is innocent

Strange, how no one words similar about the many layoffs at WB.... after AT&T took over. And those are not finalised yet....

What did people expect after a merger? Has no one, of those who act now negativley, ever looked into any other merger before this one?

= this is not 'defending' Disney, who reacted to an offer to sell/buy, its wondering why people, who say they follow the BO business, are not aware, were not prepared.

There is no 'good' giant company.

A merger always means lots of slips, especially in positions with overlaps in responsibility, leading positions early on. No matter for what kind of product the companies are comptiting in.

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

layoffs:

0th Century Fox domestic distribution president Chris Aronson;

international distribution head Andrew Cripps;

consumer products chief Jim Fielding;

EVP Corporate Communications Dan Berger;

Heather Phillips, EVP and head of domestic publicity;

Mike Dunn, president of product strategy and consumer business development;

Bob Cohen, EVP Legal Affairs and EVP Fox Stage Productions;

and Michelle Marks, SVP Media Promotions.

actual heads of.... reporting to Horn:

· 20th Cent Fox will continue to be led by Vice Chairman, 20th Cent Fox Film, and President, Production, 20th Cent Fox, Emma Watts.

· Fox Family will continue to be led by President Vanessa Morrison, reporting directly to Watts.

· Fox Searchlight Pictures will continue to be led by Chairmen Nancy Utley and Stephen Gilula.

· Fox 2000 will continue to be led by President of Production Elizabeth Gabler, overseeing the completion of the current slate.

· Fox Animation (including Blue Sky Studios) will continue to be led by Co-Presidents Andrea Miloro and Robert Baird.

· Walt Disney Animation Studios will continue to be led by Chief Creative Officer Jennifer Lee.

· Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production (Disney live action) will continue to be led by President Sean Bailey.

· Pixar Animation Studios will continue to be led by Chief Creative Officer Pete Docter.

· Marvel Studios will continue to be led by President Kevin Feige and Co-President Louis D’Esposito.

· Lucasfilm will continue to be led by President Kathleen Kennedy.

· Disney Music Group will continue to be led by President Ken Bunt.

· Disney Theatrical Group will continue to be led by President & Producer Thomas Schumacher.

· Walt Disney Studios Communications will be led by Senior Vice President Paul Roeder.

· Walt Disney Studios Human Resources will be led by Senior Vice President Carolyn Wilson.

So, one earlier news detail was wrongly worded or a click-bait, or premature..., Elizabeth Galer did not get a 'slip', but the announcement FOX 2000 wont continue lafter their actual movies are finished.

But there is still no word what will happen with her nor the staff at FOX 2000 after that.

= all is possible, from closing down and fire them all,.... up to to get complete included into something existing/reformed/newly created.... at Disney. Or something in between, a mix.

For now, in my POV, its only clear there will be no FOX 2000 as a name and separate entity anymore.

Edited by terrestrial