Hiccup23

CAYOM Year 3: Discussion

19 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

So here are my new ideas on Spark 2. ( @cookie this is what I sent you so you can disregard your PM)

As a human, Everett will have been a college professor, specializing in the potential for alien life. Venchell was in fact one of his best students. They formed a close relationship, with Everett almost serving as a father figure to him. Until the Infinite experiment comes. Everett betrayed him, and he was one of the last to be tested before the experiment took place. He was not as altered as the "Infinites" were in the first film, but still not as stable as Alex was. After he tried to escape, he was ordered by Naryani to be executed.

Taken to a little-charted world, Venchell manages to fake his death and escapes under a new alias. He vows for revenge against the people who destroyed him, and finds an ally in Perthena, who has a distrust for the entirety of Galactic government. They build a syndicate of people looking to avenge the infinites, and they create Everett-bot to lure Alex to their cause. Alex is sympathetic, but becomes terrified when they want to kill Ezen and Katherine as well.

The closest thing to a true antagonist in the movie would be a politician, Tarek, who worked closely with Naryani in the experiments (albeit not as much as Everett did) and tries to kill the Syndicate. Alex realizes that she needs to protect them while Ezen and Katherine try to face the sins of their predecessors and work towards creating a truly just and progressive new government.

The message of the movie is definitely going to involve coming to terms with the sins of the people who came before you and working to undo them.

Taron Edgerton as Venchell

Lea Seydoux as Perthena

J.K. Simmons as Tarek

Also, I'm going to cut Hannah and Tarek from the movie. 

This definitely has far more potential than what Homeward turned out to be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Holy Shit Spark 2 is gonna be so different

The final hour absolutely will. For the first 80 minutes I’ll try to work in the pieces I have. I can probably keep everything in the first and second act fairly similar while tying it to the new story.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

The final hour absolutely will. For the first 80 minutes I’ll try to work in the pieces I have. I can probably keep everything in the first and second act fairly similar while tying it to the new story.

Since you're abandoning Gyllenhaal-Rafe, I am totally gonna steal it.

• Like 1

Just now, 4815162342 said:

Since you're abandoning Gyllenhaal-Rafe, I am totally gonna steal it.

Uncharted 4 inspired this movie way more than I’m willing to admit. The actor playing the disappeared family member is even SAM Rockwell.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, cookie said:

You're making Odyssey 2 where Wolverine wins through the power of jazz singing look good right now.

Hey man, Odysseus and Ryan Gosling's character from La La Land had great chemistry in that movie. Don't tell me you weren't slightly entertained when both of them roast Poseidon with that epic Sax solo!