Hiccup23

CAYOM Year 3: Discussion

1 minute ago, Hiccup23 said:

Oh

I thought we couldn't give grades and public feedback. 

I haven't  seen it said anywhere that we couldn't. And it's not an official grade considering in most of these cases people are using the responses to make edits.

5 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Technically films aren't official until Part 1 closes.

So I would recommend that you don't full-scale read films until after that, since films can otherwise be edited and revised at any time.

Well, I'll probably hold off on reading Spark 2 then. Was gonna re-read the first film again before I read the sequel anyway.

Edited by Rorschach

I might ditch the racism aspect of it, or at least take it in a different direction. It’s not something I think particularly drives in the new idea, but a lot of it is basically an indictment of western imperialism and the way that “progressive” governments cover it up or are complicit in it.

There’s also a big humanist undercurrent to the franchise, focusing on the power of everyday individuals who want to improve society and the world around them.

So update on my end.

What is up is up. Not gonna edit any of the films that are already posted. Don't have the drive lol

Firebringer is 50/50...I might replace it with We are the Ants if I can finish the book in time before the deadline

Dark Side is almost completed and will be up pretty but last minute. 

2 hours ago, Isle of Pasta said:

I might ditch the racism aspect of it, or at least take it in a different direction. It’s not something I think particularly drives in the new idea, but a lot of it is basically an indictment of western imperialism and the way that “progressive” governments cover it up or are complicit in it.

There’s also a big humanist undercurrent to the franchise, focusing on the power of everyday individuals who want to improve society and the world around them.

Ditching the racism aspect is good.

Because my Mass Effect adaptations are gonna lean hard on the inter-species racism undercurrent of the franchise.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Because my Mass Effect adaptations are gonna lean hard on the inter-species racism undercurrent of the franchise.

You have competition on that front, buddy :sarah:

Edited by cookie

1 minute ago, cookie said:

You have competition on that front, buddy :sarah:

That makes 3 of us.

Howling Commandos (if I got lucky enough) had a racism subtext. :ohmygod:

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

SWAT Kats 2 is up. No heavy themes here.

Changed the date from the September 6th I'd had in the advanced schedule thread to August 30th instead. Might end up looking for a new date for Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad instead of opening it a week before that. Different audiences but still similar enough I don't want them cannibalizing each other's box office.

4 minutes ago, Xillix said:

SWAT Kats 2 is up. No heavy themes here.

Changed the date from the September 6th I'd had in the advanced schedule thread to August 30th instead. Might end up looking for a new date for Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad instead of opening it a week before that. Different audiences but still similar enough I don't want them cannibalizing each other's box office.

You could move it to December, it’s good counterprogamming. 

Also so quick question is Rising Crescent new?

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

I was thinking of putting Syber-Squad in December since I had to cancel Digimon, but I already have it in IMAX there in August and I want to keep that. No real space for that in December, so it's staying put for now. If Biker Mice doesn't get finished I might move it into that slot.

• Like 1