Hiccup23

CAYOM Year 3: Discussion

39 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

I’ll have to look at the schedule, can’t think of a good date off the top of my head.

You could try mid September. Or dare I say Thanksgiving if @cookie‘s Rita doesn’t happen.

6 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

You could try mid September. Or dare I say Thanksgiving if @cookie‘s Rita doesn’t happen.

Yeah that's not happening at this rate. Gonna start working on it for Y4 after the deadline.

Edit: Well start is a bit misleading since I've been working on it for a long time but I've never been able to come up with an outline that satisfies me.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cookie said:

Longest films in 3.0:

( The Number One Dime ) - 19,601

1. Voltron: Rise of Lotor - 18,610

2. Poison & Wine - 15,225

3. The Amityville Nightmare - 14,819

4. Truth Is - 13,543

5. Voltron: Defenders of the Universe - 11,914

6. Amulet - 11,565

7. The Adventures of Scrooge McDuck - 10,282

8. Spark: Rising - 10,271

The first two acts of Pillars of Eternity is about 16,000 words :ph34r:

:kitschjob:

• Astonished 2

Okay, I lied. I've decided to post Council of the Dead in big chunks at a time. I'd say the film is a good 45 minutes in now. This is what I'll be doing for the rest of the film. Read at your own time. I'd greatly appreciate some feedback along the way. :)

Spark Homeward is getting posted tonight and will not be edited further. I still don't think it's quite good as the first, but I'd maybe argue that from a thematic standpoint it's more ambitious, and it's definitely an improvement over the initial version. 

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1

Just now, Isle of Pasta said:

Spark Homeward is getting posted tonight and will not be edited further. I still don't think it's quite good as the first, but I'd maybe argue that from a thematic standpoint it's more ambitious, and it's definitely an improvement over the initial version. 

Hyyyuupppppeeer

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

Honestly, I hope CotD proves to be an improvement over SoW critically. I'm definitely feeling a noticeable quality jump already given I can actually write out dialogue without having to explain it in a paragraph (Thank you @cookie for giving me a writing style to piggyback off of :P).

Although, I'm about close to catching up to the page count of the first film so I guess it's kinda similar to Rise of Lotor in that way where its like twice as long in terms of word count compared to the predecessor. 

Edited by Rorschach

13 minutes ago, cookie said:

Doing the last act of Countdown (still has long ways to go on everything else). Feeling really good about this one.

I haven't read the opening but... well, let's say I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised? Because honestly I think Dinosaur is basically crap and I've thought the idea for CTE was pretty damn silly ever since you first brought it up. But you're a good writer, so...