cookie

Cookie’s Corner Year 3

Two questions:

1. Did convenient dad just fell ill and die trope happen in the animated version? I can't remember that part exactly.
  2. This: Moses accidentally pushes Moses into a wall
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, cookie said:

Two questions:

1. Did convenient dad just fell ill and die trope happen in the animated version? I can't remember that part exactly.

Oops.

And no it didn’t, but I’m not sure in hindsight it was necessary.

5 minutes ago, cookie said:

Two questions:

3. So you removed the part where Moses kills a man and changed it to pushing Rameses in anger and hurting his arm. Why is a PG-13 live-action epic softer than a G-rated animated movie?

Edited by cookie

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

3. So you removed the part where Moses kills a man and changed to pushing Rameses in anger and hurting his arm. Why is a PG-13 live-action epic softer than a G-rated animated movie?

I wanted to make that scene a bit more personal, and obviously I couldn’t kill Rameses right there and then. :lol:

Thats also maybe the ONE part that’s toned down, and it wasn’t toned down for that sake alone.

7 minutes ago, cookie said:

Did convenient dad just fell ill and die trope happen in the animated version? I can't remember that part exactly.

Yes. I think. Overtime. Yeah.

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

Why is a PG-13 live-action epic softer than a G-rated animated movie?

PG rated.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

PG rated.

* checks *

You are correct (I just conflated it with all the Disney Renaissance movies coming out at the same time that were rated G). Point still stands.

My big thought behind it was that the scene would be more impactful if Moses didn’t harm/kill a no-name guard instead of someone truly close to him, but I admit it’s one of two changes that might not have fully worked.

5 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

I wanted to make that scene a bit more personal, and obviously I couldn’t kill Rameses right there and then. :lol:

Thats also maybe the ONE part that’s toned down, and it wasn’t toned down for that sake alone.

Yeah but it's unnecessary and kinda weakens Moses' character actually ("oh no, I hurt my brother, better run away!")

Anyway onto THROUGH HEAVEN'S EYEEES

Edited by cookie
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

Yeah but it's unnecessary and kinda weakens Moses' character actually ("oh no, I hurt my brother, better run away!")

Anyway onto THROUGH HEAVEN'S EYEEES

To be fair, people did very well see it as a member of royalty attacking his brother, regardless of how it happened. It’s not like it happened in a private space.

Just now, Isle of Pasta said:

I didn’t intend it that way. I see how the scene can be interpreted as such, though. :mellow: 

Especially with the song just before that it's a major buzzkill.