cookie

Cookie’s Corner Year 3

Homestar Runner's Cruddy Debut Movie

Wow, we're not even a week in and we already have one of the worst movies of the year. I mean, I'm not even mad, it's just that this is a five-minute sketch of empty nothing turned into 87 minutes. Why does it exist?

F

Not Funny

...Wait, why is this R-rated again? Feels like a Hallmark channel movie if anything.

D

Chessmen

* Portal appears and 2.0 me steps out *

Oh good, this is going to become a long running gag, isn't it?

I remember this movie being pretty decent.

...Eh.

What do you mean, "eh"?!

It's really just kinda thin, to be honest. Cute in spots, but I feel like it's hindered by a go-nowhere premise plus they waste Will Arnett as the boring "friend" character. Like, why would you do that?!

...Okay.

...You're... not gonna insult me and walk off?

My timeline is dead, 3.0. Can't I stay here?

Then you'll have to be in the background. We can't keep conversing back and forth in bold and non-bold, it hurts on the eyes after a while. If I need you again, I'll let you know.

* checks calendar * Why the fuck would you make a sequel to Two Lonely Zookeepers?!

One of life's greatest mysteries...

C

Burnout

I like the video game series this is based on, but this is just a poor man's version of the Fast & Furious franchise, and that's not even getting into the random Michelle Rodriguez cameo. Some of the crashes are neat and having an all Latino cast is novel, plus the ending went a direction I didn't expect, but that's about it.

C/C-

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

So I'm just kinda busy this week trying to get Voltron 3/4 under way plus IRL stuff (and I saw Infinity War yesterday) and I don't really have the time/patience to go through the entire calendar right now, so here's what I'm going to do:

@Isle of Pasta @4815162342 @Ethan Hunt @YourMother the Edgelord @Xillix @Hiccup23 @Rorschach

You all get to do two requests each. It can be any movie you want from any point in the calendar including your own (except my own films of course, plus if someone else has already requested this or that film pick another film), and I'll get to them between today and Sunday. Then next week I'm going to read through the rest of the calendar, and if I feel like I have something to say about this or that movie I'll do a review, otherwise I'll just drop the grades with maybe some short blurbs before the Cookie Awards (I have several awards I'd like to dish out this year) and the Top 25.

So get going.

Edited by cookie

1 minute ago, cookie said:

The sequels to one of my most loved and most hated movies of last year. Interesting choice.

Figured you should have two unique experiences. of course I haven't read Odyssey yet so for all I know it could be even worse than the first one.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

7 minutes ago, cookie said:

:hahaha:

I mean it's obviously going to be better because it's not going to repeat the mistake of spending nearly half the movie doing a condensed/rushed reenactment of the Trojan War.

right....? :sparta:

• Like 1

So I'm just gonna leap ahead and start doing some reviews today while waiting for the other requests to come in.

Coming tonight:

Tyler and Hunter's Sexual Misadventures The Third

The Odyssey: The Hugh Jackman Came Last in the Best Actor Vote and I'm Sure @Rorschach is Still Kinda Peeved About It Saga

and

Two Lonely Zookeepers: Tokyo Drift

Edited by cookie
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, cookie said:

So I'm just gonna leap ahead and start doing some reviews today while waiting for the other requests to come in.

Coming tonight:

Tyler and Hunter's Sexual Misadventures The Third

The Odyssey: The Hugh Jackman Came Last in the Best Actor Vote and I'm Sure @Rorschach is Still Kinda Peeved About It Saga

and

Two Lonely Zookeepers: Tokyo Drift

Tbh, I was more peeved off at the Serkis snub if anything. Meryl Streep, her power. :angry:

Edited by Rorschach

53 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

BioShock

41 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Call Of Duty

I see. Want to know if cookie is on the meh side or the fiery pile of shit side. I will remember this.

• Astonished 1