Ezen Baklattan

CAYOM Film Festival

We did this a few years in CAYOM 2.0, and I think it went really well. This festival would just allow people to give a taste of what’s to come in the next year of CAYOM and potentially tweak titles a bit. I think bringing this back could have two benefits:

1.) Shorten Part 1 - The festival gives us an extra window of time to work on films and decide where to place things for the coming year. It also lets people write high priority content early.

2.) Advanced Reading - This would also make it more fair to everyone with regards to advanced reads. Anyone can submit a film to the festival, and it would be reviewed and given feedback by a jury of unique panelists. The user could update the film for the coming year with the feedback from the festival.

Thougts on doing this for Year 4?

• Like 1

I doubt I'd actually contribute anything given the way I usually do my writing, but I'm fine with it happening especially if it means we can avoid everyone asking for an extra month at the scheduled end of Part I we all agreed to already. ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

So an advanced pre read? Might debut Connor’s Legacy and Powerless.

So basically we’d choose 3 panelists to read the films and a guest judge outside CAYOM. We’d read the films via PM and post our reviews here.

20 minutes ago, Isle of Pasta said:

So basically we’d choose 3 panelists to read the films and a guest judge outside CAYOM. We’d read the films via PM and post our reviews here.

Okay but can we edit after the judgement?

1 minute ago, Hunt for the Wilderpasta said:

Probably late June? I’d want to wait a week or two after totals/oscars

Ah. Just curious before I drop my secret bomb.