Xillix

CAYOM YEAR 4 - ADVANCE SCHEDULE THREAD

For what it's worth since the thread opens on Monday, I will need everyone to let me know the movies they'll be "pre-loading;" stick to flicks that you REALISTICALLY expect to gross $100m+ domestically and/or be major Oscar contenders, plus the films (up to four) you've reserved IMAX dates for.

For reference and scrutiny mine is:
Rock & Roll Heart Attack (January 31st)
Biker Mice from Mars (March 20th)
American Dragon: Darkness Rising (April 17th)
Earthsong (May 8th)
A Mere Matter of Marching (May 22nd, previously "Untitled Scott Cooper War Film")
Crysis (July 3rd, IMAX reserved)
ThunderCats (August 21st)
Extreme Dinosaurs II (October 9th, IMAX reserved)
The Amityville Nightmare II (October 23rd)
The Matinee (November 13th, IMAX reserved)
Flights of Fire (November 20th - This may seem the most left-field but trust me, going for Oscars and, well... you'll see)
ReBoot 2.0 (December 25th, IMAX reserved)

Edited by Xillix

On 5/6/2018 at 11:59 PM, Xillix said:

Friday, February 7th

Metroid - Sci-Fi/Action/Horror - Directed by Jennifer Yuh Nelson - IMAX

Friday, April 3rd

Untitled De Wit Project - Traditional Animation/Fantasy - Directed by Michaël Dudok De Wit (Thinking more Oscars than money with this one)

Friday, May 22nd (4-day Memorial Day Weekend)

Countdown to Extinction - Sci-Fi/Adventure - Directed by Joe Cornish - IMAX

Friday, June 19th (Father's Day Weekend)
TaleSpin - Traditional Animation/Adventure - Directed by Don Hall

Friday, July 17th

Warlord of Mars - Sci-Fi/Adventure - Directed by John Krasinski

Wednesday, November 25th (Day Before Thanksgiving)
Gargoyles: Awakening - Action - Directed by Dan Trachtenberg - IMAX

Friday, December 18th

Voltron: Reunion - Sci-Fi/Action - Directed by Matt Duffer & Ross Duffer - IMAX (I highly doubt IMAX theaters would just drop the biggest release of the season one week in on the most commercially lucrative weekend of the year so I hope @Xillix and I can strike a sharing deal on that weekend)

Edited by cookie

5 hours ago, Xillix said:

For what it's worth since the thread opens on Monday, I will need everyone to let me know the movies they'll be "pre-loading;" stick to flicks that you REALISTICALLY expect to gross $100m+ domestically and/or be major Oscar contenders, plus the films (up to four) you've reserved IMAX dates for.

Earthsong (May 8th)
A Mere Matter of Marching (May 22nd, previously "Untitled Scott Cooper War Film")
Flights of Fire (November 20th - This may seem the most left-field but trust me, going for Oscars and, well... you'll see)

Pokemon: Rise of the Rockets (Fantasy/Adventure) (dir. Shawn Levy) - February 14th (President's Day Weekend)

Pillars of Eternity: The Hollow Vale (Fantasy) (dir. Miguel Sapochnik) - March 13th (IMAX 2D)

Mass Effect (Sci-Fi/Action/Adventure) (dir. Matt Shakman) - April 10th (Easter Weekend) (IMAX 3D)

Red Dead Redemption (Western) (dir. David McKenzie) - August 14th (IMAX 2D)

Fortnight (Period Drama/War) (dir. Steven Spielberg) - December 25th

• Like 1

On 6/30/2018 at 12:47 AM, Xillix said:

Earthsong (May 8th)

2/14/Y4 - Bullets and Lyrics - Romance/Drama/Musical - Directed by Damien Chazelle

3/6/Y4 - Codename: Kids Next Door - 3D/Dolby Cinema - CG Animation/Action/Comedy - Directed by David Soren

3/27/Y4 - Kingdom of The Sun - 3D/Dolby Cinema/IMAX - Family/Dramedy/Musical - Directed by David Lowry

5/1/Y4 - Dragon Ball: The Red Ribbon Saga - 3D/Dolby Cinema/IMAX - Sci-Fi/Adventure/Fantasy/Comedy - Directed by F. Gary Gray

5/29/Y4 - Can You Imagine? - 3D - CG Animation/Comedy/Fantasy - Directed by Genndy Tarkovsky 

7/3/Y4 - HSM4: Reunion- Musical/Family/Romance - Directed by Kenny Ortega

8/7/Y4 - Blue and Gold - 3D/Dolby Cinema/IMAX - Superhero/Comedy/Adventure - Directed by Peyton Reed

9/4/Y4 - Barry Brookshire and The Case of the Soul Key - 3D/Dolby Cinema - Fantasy/Comedy/Family - Directed by Alex Hirsch

9/25/Y4 - The Second Crash Bandicoot - 3D/Dolby Cinema - CG Animation/Action/Comedy - Directed by Rich Moore and Chris Buck

10/9/Y4 - Isle Of The Lost - 3D/Dolby Cinema - Sci-Fi/Thriller/Drama/Adventure - Directed by Gareth Edwards 

11/6/Y4 - Treasure Planet: Gauntlet of Midas - 3D/Dolby Cinema/IMAX 3D - Sci-Fi/Adventure/Comedy - Directed by Taika Waititi 

11/25/Y4 - True Love - 3D - Animation/Live Action Hybrid/Rom-Com - Directed by Jennifer Lee

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

6 hours ago, cookie said:

I highly doubt IMAX theaters would just drop the biggest release of the season one week in on the most commercially lucrative weekend of the year

The biggest release of the season? Presumptuous, much?

On 1/29/2018 at 3:42 PM, cookie said:

I'm perfectly fine with Voltron 3 not doing anywhere near these numbers FYI. I'm okay with Rise of Lotor being a fluke.

2 hours ago, Xillix said:

The biggest release of the season? Presumptuous, much?

What I meant by that post was dropping down to say $450-$500m, more in line with what the second one probably should’ve gone. Plus it's a part one of a two-parter anyway and unless your name is Avengers you're likely to see a decrease.

Not sure what other movie in November/December would reach those numbers unless they break out massively but I won’t make any more presumptions then.

Edited by cookie

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

The Adventures of Detective Pidge ft. Jane Fonda still happening pleases me

Well technically it’s more Jane Fonda ft. Detective Pidge.

But Pidge does get a pretty damn impressive role, hopefully.

12 hours ago, Xillix said:

Earthsong (May 8th)

Should we add Hiccup’s stuff as well as he may not get back for a while?

@cookie To be clear I was just poking fun at you, I totally get that it's likely to be the biggest grosser of the month. We can probably work something out in the 50/50 chance I don't flake out and not finish that movie anyway.

• Like 1

@Xillix

Swap Brother Bear with Kingdom of The Sun (Musical/Dramedy/Family) - Directed by Michael Gracey - March 27th, Y4 in IMAX 

Also HSM4: Reunion to open July 3rd, Y4.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord