SLAM!

Anna and the Apocalypse | 11/30/18 | Orion Pictures | Christmas musical set during a zombie apocalypse | yes, you read that correctly

http://collider.com/anna-and-the-apocalypse-release-date-2018/

Orion Pictures has chosen to distribute Anna and the Apocalypse, a zombie-themed Christmas musical that garnered a warm reception at last year's Fantastic Fest film festival.

The film's Rotten Tomatoes rating currently sits at a 92% as of this writing.

The film is currently listed as a limited release to be exhibited theatrically on December 7th, 2018.

Edited by Slambros

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Looks silly.

I agree. It's like a gimmicky blend of Shaun of the Dead and High School Musical. I think a better trailer could do it a bit more justice if the reviews are legitimate.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=&release=&date=2018-11-02&showweeks=5&p=.htm

In an interesting turn of events, Orion Pictures has shifted the zombie Christmas musical, Anna and the Apocalypse, up one week to November 30th, 2018, according to Box Office Mojo. The film is still listed as limited release, but the release date change is fishy to me... I think the distributor might treat this the way they treated the teen romantic comedy Every Day earlier this year and give this some sort of semi-wide release during the timeframe. Such a move definitely shows that Orion is doing everything in their power to get this film a respectable gross.