baumer

BSG Movie Trivia worth 20,000 points is up.

• Founder / Operator

Is there any chance something on the page 10 post with all of the game info will change before the deadline? Just wondering, I copy/paste everything into a file and then work on it intermittently over a few days (which I'm starting tonight). :)

Nothing is going to change. And if it does, you will see it in here: keep an eye on this thread. If there are any changes, they will be easy to find here.

Guys I don't mean to be a jerk but with the exception of the SOTM question all of it is covered in the first giant post. Read it.

We are talking of the SOTM. And I don't get the answer to the question anywhere. However I am posting my problems here again.

======================================================================

SOTM 1:

Which of these films will hit 100 million in the shortest amount of time? (days)

1) Dictator

2) The Expendables

3) Prometheus

4) That's my Boy

5) Rock of Ages

There are some caveats to this. First, more than one film could cross the 100 mill mark at the same time. If that happens, both/either films will be the correct answers.

Your answer is going to be in days. So if you think Prometheus will do it the quickest, in say 4 days, you will put Prometheus, 4 days (there is no deduction for putting the incorrect amount of days). Now, if Prometheus and another film cross in 4 days, you will still get full points for calling the correct film.

8000: Call the correct film to do so.

-5000: call the incorrect film

10,000: say none of these films will cross 100 mill this summer

15,000: say all of these films will cross 100 mill this summer

3000: abstain

For a 7000 point bonus, if you call the correct film, tell me the final gross of that film this summer. Get within 10 mill of the finish to get the bonus. There is no penalty for being off more than 10 mill.

Good luck.

1. We get no points for getting the number of days correctly, nor do we lose points for getting it incorrect, so its useless to predict it.

2. If I predict all 5 film to gross more than 100M but That's My Boy to do it in the shortest amount of time (say 3 days), do I mention it like this:

"That's My Boy, 3 days, all films above 100M"

and if I am correct on both accounts, do I get 8000+15000, or what?

P.S.: I found a new shortcut to go to the top of the page. Just press "Tab" key once/twice. (it works in chrome, not sure about other browsers)

Edited by XenoZodiac

Don't bother putting the days...I just thought it would be easier to do so. But all you have to say is MOVIE X will get to 100 mill the fastest.The option to say that all will cross 100 mill for 15,000 means that you are not taking the fastest movie to do so. That's why it's worth 15,000. So if you choose that option, you don't pick the quickest movie to cross 100 mill.

The game finishes on Monday September 3rd, which means that all grosses will count for September 3rd. This is in caps in the FIFTH SENTENCE OF THE FIRST POST. For the question about comedies, if it is not listed as a comedy on BOXOFFICEMOJO.COM, then it will not count as a comedy in this game. It doesn't matter if you think it's funny, it only matters what it is listed at on Mojo.I went to imdb.com when I made the Japan question this weekend. My apologies if it opens in August. I guess I misread that one. :)I'll change it to Russia.

Guys, I can't stress this enough, if you are going to play the game READ THE FIRST POST. I know it's huge but it's there for a reason. I don't want to have to answer questions that's basic stuff like when the game starts and ends. Have that much respect for the game that you at least read the first five sentences.

• Founder / Operator

For the question about comedies, if it is not listed as a comedy on BOXOFFICEMOJO.COM, then it will not count as a comedy in this game. It doesn't matter if you think it's funny, it only matters what it is listed at on Mojo.

Just to clarify then, this includes anything like "Sci-Fi Comedy" (Men In Black), correct?Also, not sure if anyone has noticed but Mojo is having a lot of problems lately (shocker...) and the search and movie index functions have been down several times over the last few days. If this is a continuing issue, it could affect parts of the game like this (for example, if the search function doesn't come back up until after next week's deadline). Its your call, B, but I think it would be best to rely on Mojo as little as possible. They obviously have the most thorough box office data breakdowns, but other than that they don't offer anything that can't be found somewhere else (genres, budgets, etc.) -- namely here at Boxoffice. Edited by ShawnMR