That Sarah Palin film that premeires on HBO on Saturday. Is anyone going to watch it? I'm really interested in it for Julianne Moore' performance. She's been getting awesome reviews for it.

Edited by CoolioD1

I thought it was great. Fantastic performances from Julianne Moore, Woody Harrelson, and Ed Harris. While the film does take digs at Palin as being ignorant, moody, and immature, it also is very sympathetic to her and made me feel a great deal of empathy for her. She was ridiculed so heavily (and continues to be), and no she was not a foreign policy expert, but it's not her fault they picked her. She had the weight of the world on her shoulders and she did the best she could with it. Moore's Palin, I don't think it was a pitch-perfect impression, but it didn't matter. She got lost in the character and I did not for one second feel like I was watching somebody who was "acting". Thought the movie also made some good points that the line has really been blurred in these elections between news and entertainment. It's all just a show.

• Community Manager

I liked the movie, although it felt like it was rushing at times. The movie truly makes the point that Palin was a regular person who was thrust into a situation that she simply wasn't prepared to handle.

The script was definitely more sympathetic to Palin than the book though... That book totally eviscerated her as a dumbass bimbo that everybody on the campaign hated. Also, the funny thing about the book is, the Palin-McCain arc was not even the central focus of the book. The main focus of the book was Hillary Clinton's campaign, and they trashed her too. But they chose to make a film out of only the Palin account.There are some questions about the sources, so who knows how much is completely true, either way it was very entertaining.And I'm not really sure why the real Sarah Palin is so vehemently opposed to the film? I think it is very fair to her. But her ego probably can't handle the low points. She clearly does not want to accept that she wasn't ready for the world stage at that point...Moore better win. Can't see how anyone else can top that. Harrelson was really, really good too.

In reality the film is still a little bit of an embellishment at times in terms of the real messageIf Sarah wasn't such a bitch, she would admit she was nowhere close to ready for national stage and was lucky to be Governor of any state. But still had great performances and captured I'm sure the cringeworthy mistake the McCain campaign made