cookie

CAYOM Y4 - Discussion Thread

Now that dem dinos and Talespin have been delayed here are my "must 5" for Y5:

Voltron 4 (unless something disastrous happens to Reunion)

TSW2

SkyRiders

Dinos

TaleSpin

Project Sun God may or may not be pushed back in favor of TaleSpin kinda in part because I still want to use TaleSpin to set up an element in PSG.

Edited by cookie

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

Now that dem dinos and Talespin have been delayed here are my "must 5" for Y5:

Voltron 4 (unless something disastrous happens to Reunion)

TSW2

SkyRiders

Dinos

TaleSpin

Project Sun God may or may not be pushed back in favor of TaleSpin kinda in part because I still want to use TaleSpin to set up an element in PSG.

Just let me know when Atlantis is.

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

If Pillars of Eternity is a success the second film would aim for November Year 5.

I know December belongs to Voltron.

Tbh if Reunion really does crash and burn (god I hope not) I'd push back 4 and put TSW2 there instead.

8 minutes ago, cookie said:

Tbh if Reunion really does crash and burn (god I hope not) I'd push back 4 and put TSW2 there instead.

TSW2 would be less dire, maybe enough that December holidays would compensate for the comp.

But let's not hope for a Voltron crash.

Since the PoE films are directly linked the plan is to do the three films roughly 18 months apart.

The Mass Effect films would be every other year.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Since the PoE films are directly linked the plan is to do the three films roughly 18 months apart.

So I take it the first game is three films and the second game is four films since you mentioned a seven-part saga?

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

So I take it the first game is three films and the second game is four films since you mentioned a seven-part saga?

Trilogy

Bridge Film/Side Adventure

Trilogy

The bridge film would be 3-4 game years after trilogy 1 and 3-4 game years before trilogy 2.

• Like 1

Well if we're spilling the beans...

Samurai Pizza Cats 2 and ReBoot 2.0 were delayed from this year so I'll want to have those done for Y5. I also want to do He-Man III, American Dragon trilogy capper, The Howling 2, Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad v2 and - pending the performance of the first one - Earthsong Volume II for Y5.

Somewhere in either Y5 or Y6 I'll do Ultraman 2, SWAT Kats 3, and Silent Hill 2.

If the second does okay then The Amityville Nightmare Part III will conclude the trilogy, probably in early Y6 as a January or February release. And if I get to do any Earthsong sequels at all, Earthsong Volume III will be shot back-to-back with Volume II to finish the trilogy in Y6. I'd also really like to get to do a Carnosaur sequel in Y5 or Y6.

Original stuff and beginnings of newly adapted franchises you'll need to wait and see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Hero Factory with Yoo Seung hu and Charlie Heaton

Good to know even the paladins who die get work.

But Hunk gets no love that's racist.

Edited by cookie

As for sequels:

Howling Commandos was going to be a universe starter where I’d do Blade this year and HC2 Y5, but it did just okay rather than good.

Pigeon 2 is happening as is Spyro 2 and if Shuri gets praise as Stealth Elf she may get a spin-off 

God of War 2/3 will be back to back year wise Y5/6

Miraculous 2 I actually want to make but I wouldn’t expect anything until the future

Treasure Planet 3 we won’t see until Y7.

Lost Earth 2/3 will also be back to back but in the Y7/8 frame. 

If y’all like Blue and Gold, the sequels are going to be a lot more crazy and bizarre.

I kind of want to do a Johnny Test 2 just for giggles

• Astonished 1

Re: Y4 specifically the two delays that hurt the most were Rock & Roll Heart Attack and Flights of Fire. I actually have a trailer done for the latter but I don't want to drop it til the year the movie's actually coming out. I'm very excited for both but also very much in my own head about both of them, which means I've been procrastinating.