cookie

CAYOM Y4 - Discussion Thread

So full transparency....I’ve been so swamped with work these past few weeks, and in trying to balance this and Survivor, my....creative energy is kinda off balance.

Thus, I’m pushing my existing Y4 projects to Y5, with the exception of Starlight Highway, which may still happen this year. I will prepare a few fillers and smaller films, but won’t go much further than that, sadly.

This also reduces bias when working on actuals, so....yeah.

• Sad 4

My current writing plan is:

- Finish Mass Effect

- Touch-up Pokemon 2 from the original version (not much)

- Fortnight

- Finish planned revisions/additions to 24 Hours (worst case scenario if it isn't ready I just release the 2.0 version I guess. Spaghetti liked it)

- The Last Policeman

- Red Dead Redemption (though I think it is safe to say that this one is getting bumped for sure)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

My current writing plan is:

- Finish Mass Effect

- Touch-up Pokemon 2 from the original version (not much)

- Fortnight

- Finish planned revisions/additions to 24 Hours (worst case scenario if it isn't ready I just release the 2.0 version I guess. Spaghetti liked it)

- The Last Policeman

- Red Dead Redemption (though I think it is safe to say that this one is getting bumped for sure)

What about Pillars?

My priorities are The Amityville Nightmare Part II, Earthsong Volume I, and Jaws: The Return. I also really really want to get Flights of Fire out this year but that's still kind of up in the air. The Matinee is definitely cancelled but I'm holding onto the IMAX reservation on November 13th because I'm going to shuffle some dates as more stuff is finished.

• Like 1

If @YourMother the Edgelord is busy until Wednesday and @Spagheditary's pulling back on most of his stuff (but Detective Pidge Returns feat. Jane Fonda better still happen, dangit!) is it okay if I push y'all's Voltron read until Tuesday/Wednesday just so I can finish it up?

In part because it's going to need some good trimming. Y'all don't want to know the monster I've created.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, cookie said:

If @YourMother the Edgelord is busy until Wednesday and @Spagheditary's pulling back on most of his stuff (but Detective Pidge Returns feat. Jane Fonda better still happen, dangit!) is it okay if I push y'all's Voltron read until Tuesday/Wednesday just so I can finish it up?

In part because it's going to need some good trimming. Y'all don't want to know the monster I've created.

Sure ill do it. I will reread the first two as well

23 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Sure ill do it. I will reread the first two as well

I don’t really want too many cooks in the kitchen but if you want I can let you peek at a later version during the weekend.

And out of curiosity what are your thoughts on the predecessors?

8 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

So good i started watching the series

Fair warning: the back half of Rise of Lotor and basically all of Reunion are nothing like the show at all (in part because the movies are PG-13 blockbusters and the show is a PG-rated cartoon on Netflix but Reunion has substantial deviations not just from the show but from the earlier movies as well).

Edited by cookie