sfran43

Tuesday's Numbers: The Meg - $6.05M

8 minutes ago, Alli said:

good increase, but the last two days it fell behind ant 2. let's see how Mile 22 affects it this weekend. that should do better than we thought

Schools/universities are back in in a lot of places in the south, so weekdays grosses will be affected!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, a2k said:

20m 2nd weekend looks good imo

using 19 weekend, 82.5 10-day

82.5 + 19*2.1 = 122.4 dom (2.70x multi) is looking like the floor

Dom could do 125-130 and China could do 120-125 for 250 combined from these 2 markets. 400 ww then becomes very likely.

The Meg is gonna make 85 in China for the first 7 days. How from here does it stop at 120/125. 

10 minutes ago, Newland Archer said:

The Meg is gonna make 85 in China for the first 7 days. How from here does it stop at 120/125. 

heavy competition in coming weekens starting friday that limits screen space. chinese bo also heavily depends on the rating the movie gets and it's sub-9 on maoyan. 8.5-8.9 is average/abv average. 125 total would 2.4-2.45x multi, which is a very healthy multi in china considering the competition.

Edited by a2k

2 minutes ago, a2k said:

heavy competition in coming weekens starting friday that limits screen space. chinese bo also heavily depends on the rating the movie gets and it's sub-9 on maoyan. 8.5-8.9 is average/abv average. 125 total would 2.4-2.45x multi, which is a very healthy multi in china considering the competition.

Ok. I'm still a bit skeptical given the weekdays numbers, but I'll admit I'm not a China BO expert.

15 minutes ago, Newland Archer said:

Many foreign films only get to 2xOW at best in China. The MEG has good WOM and good holds, but it faced two local films (or fellow Chinese films if you consider The MEG a great Chinese drama) and more competitors are releasing this weekend - taking most of the screens.

Edited by MrGlass2

4 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Many foreign films only get to 2xOW at best in China. The MEG has good WOM and good holds, but it faced two local films (or fellow Chinese films if you consider The MEG a great Chinese drama) and more competitors are releasing this weekend - taking most of the screens.

Just for info, how do you know about next week-end screen counts? Is there a site I could check? I only know something called http://english.entgroup.cn/report.aspx

8 minutes ago, Newland Archer said:

Ok. I'm still a bit skeptical given the weekdays numbers, but I'll admit I'm not a China BO expert.

yeah, chinese bo is more unpredictable than dom imo and meg could well surprise. not a chinese bo expert either and hope it does better than 120-125.

8 hours ago, Alli said:

good increase, but the last two days it fell behind ant 2. let's see how Mile 22 affects it this weekend. that should do better than we thought

Mile 22? It will open like Patriot's Day at best. It has flopped in Fandango pre-sales and is tracking even lower than Tag.